Our next plan was to head over to my parents for food, fun and games. Well we were too full from dinner to eat, and to tired to play games. We tried one game and got bored, then played another, and we were too tired to finish. Plus with 4 little kids, it was hard enough.
we all were counting the hours and minutes for midnight, so we could hit the hay! My parents haven't gone out for New yrs for I would say 10 yrs. So they were there with us, also trying to stay up. For my dad to stay up that late, is almost impossible. My dad couldn't take it any longer and went to bed at 11:30!!!! My opinion is, if you have stayed up until 11:30, just go all the way to 12. But not my dad, he always goes to bed at 11:30 on new yrs(Don't know why) .But my mom went up stairs and talked him into coming back down. More like lectured him, and called him a party pooper. so at 11:50 he came back down. So once 12 hit, we toasted, kissed and ran for our beds! Are we old fogies, or what?? Well the next night we made up for it. we ate goodies, rented a movie, played games and stayed up past 12. Well not every one. my parents didn't and Lindsey didn't make it. But it ended up being really fun! The 2 pictures below this is Hannah and Abbey at the Mayan.
5 comments:
Your dad reminds me of me. I haven't cared about bringing in the New Year for a long time. It was always a big deal when I was younger but not any more. Your New Year escapade sounds fun.
Fun! I like the Mayan. Mmm Mexican food sounds really good right now.
We are old fogerts as well. I was dead tired by like 10:30.
Cute pictures!
For once I managed to stay up until about 2 or 3 am. Not because I wasn't tired, but I was just too uncomfortable to sleep anyway. However, my kids made it until midnight! Night owls, all of them.
I've been to the Mayan before. It's been a few years but yea, the food really isn't all that great but it's a fun atmosphere and they do have ONE thing that's good and it's their fried ice cream. If you haven't tried it yet, you should! I really think the Mayan is really just there for decoration and not the food so much! It sounds like you had a fun New Years. Jealously!
Post a Comment