Sunday, January 18, 2009

my hard week/weekend

This week has been a long hard week for me. We are trying to sell our house again. But we haven't had too many people come look at it. But our realtor tells us people are coming so I hurry and clean, clean, clean and try to keep it clean and spotless. It's hard to do with kids and messes they make and all their toys. Then those people never come! It's quite frustrating!!! That has been my whole week. I literally have to drop what I am doing, or come home from running errands when my realtor calls so I can spruce up my house. My house is not very messy, but I have to do the little things that gets messy with kids and every day living. It's just a pain. So when they don't show, it's hard.
Second Abbey and Jaden have been sick for 2 weeks! They both started out with stuffy, runny noses, which then turned into awful coughs!! So for a week both kids slept horrible! Most nights Robby and I only got 3 hours of sleep, With both kids waking up all night.
Then Robby got sick. So I am having to take care of every thing on my own. It's wearing me right out!!
I was excited for the weekend, thinking it would be a break. But not so. With Robby sick and the kids.
last night when Robby and I came home from the temple Abbey looked horrible! she had a fever and was out of it! She was having a harder time breathing, so I took her to urgent care. They took her oxygen and that was ok, but they were still concerned. So they took chest x-rays and she has pneumonia! They told me that I am lucky I brought her in when I did because it was just the beginning stages and her oxygen isn't low. They injected her with antibiotics. They told me ahead of time that the injections would hurt her so bad! They did! It was 2 huge needles in each leg. They injected her with lots of meds at once. They wanted it to get to her infected lungs fast. It was sooooo sad! I cried.
Her legs hurt so bad. Then I had to go get her more antibiotics. I was out late, it was a long night. Abbey was in a lot of pain and felt miserable. So my night was horrible.
We slept out at my parents because it was too late to drive home. So I stayed up with her until 1:30. As soon as she fell asleep, Jaden woke up and stayed awake sick until 3:00am. between 3:00am-and 6:30am Abbey and Jaden woke up 6 times! On top of that, the doctor wanted me to keep an eye on her breathing, so I couldn't sleep well. So that is my week in a nut shell.
But there were some good times too. One, the major one is Abbey is almost potty trained! I didn't have to do much at all to get her there.
In the past Abbey would refuse to sit on the toilet, and then last Tuesday out of the blue she wanted to pee on her potty. she wanted her diapers off and her underwear on and she just goes. for the first 2 days I had to keep taking her and reminding her to go, but now she just goes on her own. She will tell me she needs to go, and I take her. In 6 days she has only had 3 or 4 accidents in her undies. she wears diapers to bed, but that is it. So easy!!!! (knock on wood)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, lady, I'm glad you're still alive after that "week from hell"! My heart aches for you. That is a lot of responsibility. I'm glad you ended it on a positive note with Abbey's potty-training success. That's great and you'll soon be rid of that chore. That's great. It sounds like you'd better take really good care of yourself so YOU don't get sick. Love you, Gram

Natalie said...

Oh no - I'm so sorry they are sick! If you need anything please let me know. It's so sad when they're sick and you can't do anything.

Maybe Abbey can potty train Brad.

Ashlie Dalton said...

Oh man... your week/weekend sounds like it was really exhausting. I'm sorry everyone is falling apart around you and you have to pick up all the slack! When your kids and my kid get feeling better I will watch yours while you go out and re-coop.
That's nice about Abbey being potty trained now though!!! Maybe after she teaches Brad, she can teach Cole too. Haha :)

Jen said...

Kaycee, I feel your pain. Joseph and Aaron both had the flu a little over a week ago. I was up with them all night and went to bed at 8am.

That is great the Abby is potty trained. I think Joseph and Brad need a group class in potty training. I can't get that kid to sit on the potty for anything. Not even a bag of M&Ms.

I know the frustration with selling your house. I it not easy to keep it clean and leave at a moments notice. Good luck. Let us know if you need any help.

Balser said...

Frustrating that you get it ready and no one shows! Poor Abbey! Glad you caught it early so they could get meds in her! I feel bad for you not getting any sleep! Congrats on Abbey's potty training! Shawn got a kick out of her 'show'-just kidding-she has to bring her potty in the middle of the front room and go in front of everyone. So silly! Keep reminding her for a long time because she may regress a little.

Heidi said...

What a week! I wish I was able to help! But I hope that everyone, especially Abbey, is feeling better and that you have been able to get some much-needed rest.