I have some funny stories about Abbey.
I was sick for a while, so I decided to get a blessing. Our friend Justin came over to help Robby give me a blessing. When Justin came in Abbey said "Is Justin blessing you"? I thought that was cute. I was sitting on the couch, and Abbey next to me. They put their hands on my head and started the prayer. Then Abbey stands up and she puts her hands on theirs to help with the blessing! She stood there the whole time, not saying a word, just helping. We all tried so hard not to laugh!
The other day, I woke up ornery because I was tired. Abbey asked what was wrong, and I said "I am just so tired"! she said, " Lay on the couch, silly"!
She refuses to go potty on the toilet. When she poops she hides some where. So yesterday she was in her tent and she announced to me "Hey mom! I am in my tent, and I am pooping"!
A few months ago, as you may all recall, I played a horrible, scary prank on my cousin Ashlie. Well Abbey was at Ashlie's house while it happened. To this very day, she still brings it up! She always says. "Daddy, I no want you scare me no more at Ashee's house". " you have a scary mask". Then we say "ok, we wont any more". Then she tells us all over again what happened at Ashlie's. "Daddy run up stairs with scary mask, Ashee cries, and falls on the wall." She wont let me forget it. It's funny, but sad.
Every night we have family prayer. We each take turns. one night I say it and so on. It was Abbey's turn. Usually we tell her what to say. But this time she did it all by herself! It was funny. She said "thank you for my oatmeal, and my sauce that goes on my noodles for dinner". It was so cute!!
She still sleeps in her crib. She never has tried to climb out, so we let her stay in there. One time we asked if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed. She said no, that she just wanted her crib. But last night, she wanted to sleep in the extra bed in her room. We let her and she slept good! She even took a good nap in that bed. I thought it would be hard to keep her in.
We decided to take her crib rail off and make it into a toddler bed. She was so excited.
She had never slept with a pillow before. So we got her one. We put a white pillow case on it. She didn't want that pillow. So she went searching in our closet for a different one. she came back with one that had pink flowers and green leaves on it. She said "there I find one. This one matches. I like it, it's pretty. It has pink flowers and green tree's on it."
So after all that work, changing the bed, I think she wants her crib back. We will see how tonight goes.
Lately she has been calling every one she can think of and singing songs to them. She has a list of songs she sings on the phone. One is her ABC's, then 3 little monkeys jumping on the bed, then bring home a baby bumble bee, and sometimes twinkle twinkle little star. She loves to sing!
she is learning to be very polite and good manners. She always says Thank you, please, your welcome and now she is learning yes sir, and yes ma'am. She will say Thank you sir, or ma'am. It's so cute. I am glad she is learning good manners at such a young age.
She's so fun. She is so easy at this age (most of the time) she learns so much, so fast! Her brain is always going. She listens well, helps me all the time!! likes to help, and clean. she loves to learn, and talk, talk, talk. It's great. I don't want her to get any older!
Jaden is all over the kitchen in his walker.
He loves to jump in his jumper.
He is playing with toys. Well I mean holding them, shaking them, and stuff like that.
He also loves to roll all over the living room! he rather lay and roll, then sit up.
He is learning to sit on his own. He almost has that down.
He is eating his cereal, and stage one baby foods well. But he still prefers the bottle, he loves his bottle!
He loves hair. If he cant have my hair, he gets mad. He loves phones and the remote. He will get mad if he cant have those as well.
His favorite person is still Abbey.
He is starting to finally sleep through the night! Gosh, that only took forever. He still wants to sleep with us, and we give in. He starts in his crib, and now is learning to sleep for longer periods of time in his crib, but always wakes up sometime during the night, and we give in and let him sleep with us. we are too tired to deal with it, and don't want his cries to wake Abbey. But it's ok. One day he wont be sleeping with us, and we will miss it. He is only this age for awhile. Jaden is a very good baby! we love him to pieces!
A Little Lost
4 days ago
6 comments:
What darling lil things!! Abbey is so funny. She makes me laugh. I LOVE her deep laugh too. AW
Abbey is hilarious!
They are so dang cute! I also love this stage! Alyssa's so cuddly and always doing new things!
you have the cutest little kids. Abbey is so funny!
I'm so glad I was the recipient of some of those phone calls to hear her singing. Made my day!! Kaycee, I can't tell you how much she reminds me of me when I was little. Same attitude, quick learner, stubbornness, etc. They are both so darned precious. Love you blog about them. Gram
So cute!
Post a Comment