Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The day the crib came down

'I cried the day the crib came down.'

I didn't think it would be so hard for me to have Abbey sleep in a big girls bed, and not her crib any more. But it is. It makes me sad!!!

Are plan was to keep her crib up for awhile because it turns into a toddler day bed. Well it didn't come with bed rails. We looked at the stores and ksl, and no luck at finding any. She kept falling out every night. So we had to move her to the big bed in her room. We found and bought bed rails for that bed. But I wanted her to stay in that crib forever! Her cute little sheets, baby blankets and bumper is the past. Abbey always slept so cute in her crib. Most of her time she slept the short way, with her legs dangling out of the bars of the crib. So cute.

We moved the big bed over and found one of Abbey's old baby shirts behind the bed. It was a 3/6 month old shirt. Oh, I felt sad seeing that. It really made me think she was growing up, and growing up too fast! Gee Wiz.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw bittersweet memories. But at least you have Jaden now to do that with!

The Viewer said...

Aw. I bet it is hard to see your lil baby grow up! But you'll have another little girl and you'll use all of Abbey's old stuff again!

Ashlie Dalton said...

My baby is growing up fast too, and it makes me sad. I don't feel old enough to have a 2 year old either. I guess when we start feeling sad we should just be thankful we have healthy happy kids!

linnylou said...

oh I don't know how you feel, but I can imagine. You can just think of all the things you have to look forward to! And just ponder on the sweet memories!

bakers dozen said...

I totally understand. I saw a video of Anela from two years ago, and I missed that cute little girl. It is so sad to see them grow and yet so fun to see them grow. I guess we just have to keep going back to the videos and having more babies.

Balser said...

It's hard to let them grow up! Abbey is so cute! I love that she'd sleep with her legs sticking out! I still haven't taken down the crib for Lys but I did put the rail down so she can climb out in the morning. For now it will deter her a little from getting out when she's not supposed to or falling out. I'm going to borrow my sister's toddler bed...when I get to it! The first morning she came into my room saying good morning with sister-awe, so cute! Love it! (Except now they are quiet and get into things before I get up!)

Shannon said...

I know how you feel! When we moved Kennedy into a big girl bed- there was this really sad...my baby is not a baby anymore- smack in the face. Abbey is such a cute little girl though! It's sad that they are growing so fast- but so fun to hear the stories and the cute things that they do!

Heidi said...

Oh, yeah, it is so hard to watch them get older. I guess that's why I kept having babies! Stiil, isn't it fun to watch her grow up and say all those cute things?