Friday, December 26, 2008

A very white Christmas, Christmas eve, and gram Nells party

My Parents live in a canyon just out side of Herriman, called Rose canyon. Sometimes when it snow's it can really snow! Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning it really snowed! My brother in law took a yard stick out to measure and it was too deep for the yard stick. Where my parents live it isn't part of the city, so it takes awhile before it can get plowed. When it does get plowed it's by a neighbor in his pick up truck. So we were snowed in! My dad, Robby, and brothers were out with shovels, and my dad's 4 wheeler for 4 hours trying to dig our cars out of the drive way! we were 2 hours late for Christmas dinner at my grandparents house. That is a picture of my mom bellow. my bro Dallin

my dad on his trusty 4 wheeler.


my bro in law Hemi






The cars stuck in the drive way.






the yard stick that was too short for the snow.



more cars in the upper drive way.

Christmas morning we all got up and opened presents, then we had a big family breakfast. Here are some pics of the kids Christmas morning. Jaden and Houston down bellow. Hannah and Abbey walking in to see the presents under the tree.









the girls excited Christmas morn!









Christmas eve was soooooo fun!!! That morning Robby and I made a yummy big breakfast, which was a nice change from Cheerios. Then we had last minute running around, then we went and visited Robby's mom, and then over to see Robby's sisters and brother. After that we went to my cousins church for a family dinner. That was allot of fun! It was with my dad's side of the family. we had dinner, then played a game with gift cards. every one brought a $10.00 gift card from where ever, and we played a game, and we got a maverick card and Smith card. Then some of us played dodge ball. After the dinner we went over to my parents house to spend the night. All my 5 siblings, my sis in law, and bro in law and my brother's girl friend was there too. We had a little family devotional or fire side. But that was really nice. It really brought the spirit of Christmas. Then we watched the Nativity with a Amy Grant song playing along with the Nativity show. That was neat. It's been tradition since I was little, for as long as I can remember, all my sibling would sleep in the same room on Christmas eve. So we did that again this yr. We all camped out in my sister Lindsey's living room. (she lives in my parents basement.) we watched the movie a Christmas story. The picture bellow, is Hannah and Abbey getting ready for bed. they were so excited for Santa Clause to come!
My cousin Taylor, my bro in law Hemi and Robby playing Dodge ball.



My cousins Alexas, Samantha, Aubrey, and Jessica about to play dodge ball.




Playing dodge ball




(from left to right) my uncle Mitches dad, My cousin Alyssa, my uncle Bob, my aunt Cindy, my cousin Amber, my uncle mitch, and my cousin Brittney.




My aunt Joan, aunt Annette, my cousin April, my mom, my grandma pete, and my dad





My bro Spencer, sis Lindsey, grandpa Don, my bro Dallin, my sis in law Lindsey.





my brothers girl friends sister, my brother's girl friend Mellissa, my bro Amanee, my sis Tawni and Jaden


Jaden turned 6 months old on Christmas Eve. We had him try Pea's for his first time. He didn't like them at first, but I think he is liking them better now.
Abbey and Jaden by the Christmas Tree.

I forgot to make a post about the party we went to last Saturday. I call the party "grandma Nell's Christmas party" It is a party we have every yr with my dad's side of the family. It's with my grandma, her 6 sisters, their kids, and their kids, kids, and so on. We have had this party for as long as I can remember. Since before I was born.































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kaycee, you did a fantastic job of telling the Christmas fun and snow woes. Your pictures are all so good. Thank you. That was really fun reliving it all. I'll add to your snow story that I was on my way out there for breakfast with all of you and got 2/3's of the way there and could go no further. Snow conditions were horrible and cars skidding everywhere. It was very scary so I turned around and headed back to NSL. It was beautiful sitting in looking out at it. ha ha, just not stuck in it.

The Viewer said...

So fun! I missed you all so much on Christmas

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas! I am glad that you guys had a great holiday!

Heidi said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas, even with all that snow :-)