For Robby's birthday I wanted to make a post about him. Like a spot light. I meant to do this on his birthday last Wednesday the 3rd of December, but never had time until now. Robby is 29! The last of his 20's! oh no, we are getting old!
Robby and I met almost 12 yrs ago. We met in our foods class in High school. I was 15, and he was 17. There was something about Robby that drew me to him. He was just a really nice guy. popular, very well liked by every one.
If you knew us back in those days, You would never have guessed we would have been together. I was the shy preppy Mormon girl, and he was the earring wearing, long hair, rocker. But really Robby and I go together like PB&J.
Robby and I started dating or going together, about a month or 2 after we met. He has always been a complete gentleman. He was the perfect boy friend! We had a blast together! My family totally fell in love with him! (especially Lindsey, she had a crush on him.) Lindsey was our chaperon. My siblings thought of him as a big brother.
The summer before Robby's mission, he didn't have a place to live, so my parents let him sleep out on the trampoline. My brothers, always slept out there with him. When it got a bit colder, my parents let him sleep on the back porch. When it started getting into the freezing temps, they let him sleep in the unfinished basement of their house. (3 floors away from me) My brothers followed him every where. They slept with him until he left on his mission.
When Robby was 17, a month before his 18th birthday, he was baptised. A year later he served a mission to Nashville TN.
When he returned from his mission, my parents let him sleep on the hide abed in the tv room! hahaha!
I was so proud of Robby for serving a mission. I know it was so hard for him to go, but he did it, and I know it made him a better person. (It's hard to think he could have gotten any better)
A week after he returned home off his mission, he purposed to me! We got married less then 3 months later in the Manti temple. That was the best day!
Robby is the best husband any one could ask for. you couldn't hand pick him. He treats me like a queen, and always makes me feel so special. He always puts my needs before his. I knew he would make a great husband. You can tell a person, by how they treat their mom. He treat's his mom like a queen. He is so good to her, it's cute to watch him with her.
After 5 yrs of marriage, we were blessed with Abbey. Robby's princess. She is such a daddy's girl! But for very good reasons! Robby is the best dad ever! he treat's her like she is the world to him. less then 2 yrs later we were blessed with Jaden. Robby's is great with him too. He puts his family first in every thing. He goes to their doctors appts, get's up with Jaden at night, takes Abbey to gymnastics. plays with them all the time, He spends all his extra time with the kids and I. He will make sure he makes time for us.
He works hard, and works 2 jobs. As most of you know he is a professional Muay Thai fighter. He is really good at it too. He has had 11 fights and has only lost 3 out of 11. He hasn't fought for a while now, he is spending time with his family, But would like to start it back up again.
I just want to say how much I love him, and what a great husband, dad, and friend he is. He is my best friend! Love you Robby!
4 comments:
What a good post! You are so good at writing about things! I can't ever focus enough any more to get my words together to write anything awesome-that's why there's always mostly pictures on my blog! You guys are good together-I second that! Also, isn't it funny that we could sleep out on the tramp when we were younger but nowadays, I don't think I would-too scary! Even scarier than a McDonalds toy! lol ;)
Cute post! I remember the first time you brought Robby to FHE. And he had ripped pants on. I remember thinking his voice way SO DEEP too. Especially since I was like 12 and didn't know boys with deep voices yet.
All I can say is: Aw so sweet!
Well, you have your Gram sitting here dripping all over my keyboard. That was so sweet and sensitive, and every word the truth. I'm so glad you saw the beautiful person inside him. I have seen it now for all these years and he is totally AWESOME! Wish there would've been guys like him back in the days when I was looking!! Love you both!
Post a Comment