Robby, Kaycee, Jaden, Laura (my mom) and Bill (my dad) on the bed in the hotel.
Every yr, Robby's employer will fly us to Portland or Seattle for a Christmas Party. This yr we went to Portland. We left on Friday and came home on Sunday. The company pays for it all! The plane tickets, the nice hotel, and all of our food and transportation. We stay down town Portland at the Westin Hotel. It's a very nice hotel. Fancy. They have the most comfortable beds ever! I miss the bed. I love the showers in the hotel. I know that sounds funny, but they have double headed showers. We get to eat where ever we want, and order what ever we want. So every time we ate out we ate at the nicest restaurants.
We took Jaden with us. Abbey stayed with my sister and brother in law. I was really sad to leave her behind. But once we got there, it was ok, and I wish we could have left Jaden behind, for a second honey moon. Next yr maybe.
My parents came too because my dad and Robby work together.
Friday night they baby sat Jaden, and Robby and I went out. We went shopping and I bought a dress, and we did a little Christmas shopping too. Then we went to get dessert. (on the company) It was a nice night out.
Saturday night is the work company party. It was held this yr at a hotel. They had cocktail hour, which we didn't go to. We usually do, and get virgin drinks. But we skipped it. Then we had dinner, and then dancing. We didn't stay too long because Jaden need to get back and into bed.
I must say, Portland has many, many, many weird people!!!! I wish I had recorded all of them. First of all I have never been to a city that has so many dogs walking about. with their owners or with out. Even the homeless had dogs. One homeless man was dividing his food with his dog. He would say "one pile for you, one pile for me." and so on. The homeless people are always hanging out on the door steps of shops, or restaurants. That's something you don't see here. I have been to Portland 3 times, and all 3 time we always see HUNDREDS of Santa clauses walking around. some alone, some in big groups of Santa's or elves. We have seen all types of Santa's! You name it, we saw it. Cow boy Santa's, pimp Santa's, hooker Santa's, super hero Santa's, Santa's with gold legs, elves wearing thongs over their tights (men). All kinds of Santa's. All the Santa's go to toys for tots and then spend the rest of the day or weekend bar hopping. Going bar to bar.
Also there are lots of people walking around down town who you can tell did lots of drugs in their life, and now they are crazy. One lady was walking next to us and she was screaming 4 letter words! She was screaming at people she thought was there. Like she was seeing things. She then falls in the middle of the street, but it she fell as if some one had pushed her. Then she started screaming and yelling and calling who ever she thought pushed her, 4 letter words. But no one even touched her, no one was around her. She had wet her pants and got up and kept walking and screaming at the imaginary people. Then like 20 min later, Robby, my parents and I were standing around deciding where to eat, and this lady came up to Robby and screamed at him and said "what do you think your staring at???" Robby was thinking I wasn't even look at you. Then she screams " Other people have bread too"! Then she walks a few steps and points to a Italian restaurant and yells again at Robby and says " See, the Italians have bread too, ya know!" then walks off screaming other things. Nothing made sense. So it was quite entertaining.
Any way, we had a great time. It was nice to get out, and not having to worry about the house, cooking and all of that. It was fun spending the weekend with my parents too.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun trip! Well, Portland sounds interesting-- I've been a couple of times on business trips before, but obviously I was in a tamer part of town!
Most of it sounds like my time in Brooklyn, except I don't ever remember seeing a crowd of bar-hopping Santas.
Holy Cow. I want to go to Portland just to meet the people. Fun! Haha!
Sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend!!!! I'm jealous.
I've never been to Oregon, maybe I should plan a trip just to people watch. It sounds entertaining! I am glad you had a good time!
Wow! Sounds like you guys had quite the adventure!! I love Portland- but I guess I lucked out and missed most of the wacky people! I'm glad that you guys had fun!
Post a Comment