Why is choosing a name, a boy name, so difficult? I know I have 5 months to think of a name. But I like to have an idea. I like to know the name before he comes so I can start calling him his name. Robby and I had the hardest time choosing Jaden's name. We went through so many books, websites and suggestions and it was hard. All boy names to me are just *OK* Nothing stands out to me. My favorite names are taken by family. I can think of a gazillion girl names, we actually had one picked out, if it were a girl. The only 2 names I have liked, other then Jaden, have been Brigham and Dallas. Robby doesn't like Dallas, so Brigham is my only name I like. Yesterday Robby went through a bunch of names and wrote down 20. He brought it home to me and I crossed off probably 15, and we are down to Brigham or Bridger. Robby says he likes them equally the same and can't decided. (I think he might like Bridger more.) I like both, but I like Brigham a little more. Robby has said all along and his mind is set that this baby's middle name will be William, after my dad. I don't mind if it's William. The only thing is, Brigham William Wyatt doesn't quiet flow. Bridger William Wyatt doesn't quite flow either, but it flows better then Brigham does. Robby said it doesn't matter if it flows because no one calls you by your full name any way. That is true.
I was thinking if we name him Brigham, we could shorten it and call him Briggs. I like Briggs. If we call him Bridger, you can't really shorten it, and like to shorten names. I wanted to chose a name that wasn't too common. Brigham isn't common at all! If you look on the SS website, in the past 100 yrs the name Brigham isn't even on their charts because it doesn't' hit the top 1000 top names in any year. There is only 574 Brigham's in the whole USA. That sounds like a lot, But it's not. most names have at least 2,000 even up to 4 million in the USA. The only Brigham I know or heard of is Brigham young. which is another reason I like that name. Brigham young was a great man. Bridger isn't' too common either, but more so then Brigham. So had some friends and family vote on the 2 names. Brigham has 9 votes and Bridger has 14 votes. So should I go with Bridger because I like that name, and it won the votes, or should I go with Brigham because I like it more? I just don't know.
A Little Lost
4 days ago
8 comments:
you wouldn't call him bridge? i thing that's cute.
you shouldn't name your kid something just because other people like it more. name him what you want him to be named. good luck!
I could call him Bridge. But I like Briggs better. Naming a child is a hard decission. I have to make sure it's just right.
I always think to check what their initials would be because sometimes if you name someone just right their initials end up something weird. Like if you had the first name of something with a W and the middle and last name W as well his initials would be WWW which reminds me of a URL. HA! Could just be my crazy mind but I know I'll be making sure my kids initials don't spell anything crazy. I like both names by the way. :) Good luck and I definitely say go with what YOU guys like. Who cares what everyone else things is good because in the end it's your child anyway. :) HUGS!
As long as both you and Robby can agree on the name, then go with whatever you want! (We have one of the 250 Brighams in my family BTW.) I do think it's important that both parents like the name though. Terence and I had the hardest time with name choosing, so we hammered it all out ahead of time. In fact, we usually had the name thing worked out super early in the pregnancy so there would be no last minute angst over it. It was nice to call the baby by his or her name as soon as we knew for sure what we were having.
I tend to like Brigham better than Bridger. They always get called by a nickname and Bridge doesn't sound as cool as Briggs. I LOVE that. It's good you're deciding early. P.S. I cracked up over Abbey's sayings today. What a character. She is something else. Just keeps me smiling! ha ha
i agree with everyone else... you and robs should do what you guys like. personally, i like bridger better just because it's more modern, and i like bridge as a nickname... but as you know from everyone else, each person has their opinion. just go with what you like, just don't feel like you have to decide today.
I love both of those names! Great choices. Perhaps you shouldn't choose now, but see what you like by his birthday.
I have to say, I am quite jealous. I have no idea what to name my baby and I only have 3 months left. I hate looking at lists of names and can't bare the thought of opening another baby book.
Thinking of names is hard. We didn't know Nathan's name until he was 2 days old!! But I think you should name him whatever you want/like, not what other people think you should name him. Both names are cute. Good luck!!
Post a Comment