Sunday, March 7, 2010

worried again

Abbey has had this dry cough and she is always clearing her throat constantly. She has been doing it for the past 6 weeks. So last Wednesday I took her to the doctor to get it checked out. The doctor said she might have Asthma, but wasn't sure, so she gave me a prescription for an inhaler. She said to try it out, and see if it helps and if not then to go see an ENT doctor. I put the prescription in on Wednesday but haven't picked it up yet. But Wednesday night she got a fever, but with no new real sick symptoms. I didn't think her dry cough had anything to do with her fever because she had it for so long and she was just seen, so I wondered what she had that could be causing her fever. Thursday she still had a fever with no symptoms, then Friday she had a stuffy/runny nose and still a fever so I called the doctor to see what she thinks could be causing it. They said probably just a virus and it will go away on it's own. I said I doubt it she doesn't have any symptoms. I just knew something else was causing her a fever, I thought she had an infection somewhere. Saturday her fevers got worse, and she was feeling worse. She kept crying and saying she is sick. Her nose was bothering her even more so I thought ok, it must be her nose I won't bother taking her in, it will go away. Then Saturday night I had this feeling it was something more, she had some infection somewhere. But I didn't know where. so I thought if she has a fever on Sunday I would take her to instacare. Saturday night I was holding her and she said "mom, do sometimes people hurt when they pee?" I thought, oh it's a bladder or urinary tract infection. So Sunday she still had a fever and she was feeling worse. so I took her to instacare and they took a urine sample and they said it came back with lots of "gunk" in her urine.(that is the word they used) she has a ear infection and a kidney infection, and they are worried that she could have other kidney problems. 2 that I remember them saying is that her urine goes back up into her kidney's and the other problem she could have is a tumor on her kidney. I wont know the results until Wednesday. Wednesday we will find out if it's just a kidney infection or something more, if it's more we will do an ultrasound and stuff to fine out what. They gave her 2 very painful shots into her legs and has to go back tomorrow for another round of shots and she will have to keep going back for shots until her fever is gone for more then 24 hours. I sure hope her fever goes away, because those shots are so painful for her.
I am so nervous thinking about what it could be. we always have these worries with her. plus I am worried she has asthma. I will get the inhaler tomorrow and see what happens. One thing I remember now is Abbey talking about her hip hurting, but now I am thinking she was talking about where here kidney is. I think that is where she was pointing the other day.

3 comments:

3 of us said...

i AM SO SORRY KAYCEE I HOPE THAT IT ALL GOES WAY SOON TOO POOR LITTLE ABBY I HOPE EVERY THING GOES WELL WITH HER KIDNEY AND THAT ALL WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL. IT IS SO HARD TO SEE YOUR CHILDREN SICK LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANY THING I CAN DO FOR YOU I WILL PRAY FOR YOU GUYS

Heidi said...

Poor, poor Abbey!!! We will keep her in our prayers (and you as well-- this stuff is tough on the whole family.) Hang in there!!! Hopefully it will just be the kidney infection and she will get better quickly.

Krystal said...

So sorry to hear that Abbey isn't feeling well. I hope it's just a kidney infection that goes away soon. Keep us updated. We will keep her and your family in our prayers too.