Jaden and Oma. He loved her wheel chair.

Abbey and Jaden with Oma.

Our 5 Generation picture. My kids, me, my mom, my grandpa, and Oma.
Abbey is watching me make this post and she just said "I remember when you pulled her pants down." then she started laughing. Oma needed help going to the bathroom, so I did help take off her pants and help her to the toilet. Abbey remembers that, but didn't remember why I took her pants off.
Abbey and Jaden with Oma.
Our 5 Generation picture. My kids, me, my mom, my grandpa, and Oma.
Abbey just a few weeks ago asked about Oma. She said she wants to go back to Michigan and see her.
Last August when we returned from from Michigan Abbey told me "Oma is white all over."
Even though Oma lived in Michigan, we were lucky enough to go visit often and she came out to Utah to visit.
She was fun to talk to, and be around. She loved to dance and to party. I remember having her big birthday parties up on the top floor of her old apartment building. we would always have music and dance.
When I was about 7 years old, I slept over at her house, along with my cousin Katie. I remember she made us breakfast in the morning. I am a slow eater and she wanted me to eat faster, so she decided to take matters into her own hands and feed me. It was funny.
She had a very good memory until the day she died. She remembered every one and everything.
She was always so active and very popular! She had so many friends. In the nursing home she was always out of her room mingling, and playing cards or bingo.
It will be weird going to Michigan and her not being there. I will miss her.
5 comments:
OH No! that makes me sad. :( dang it! But it is true she is in a better place. I was hoping she would make it to 100. And now we dont have any more greats left. :( She had such a great memory. Poor Oma. I hope grandpa dick is ok.
oh how sad! we just over at your parents' house last night, and they told us they were going to go visit her one last time at the end of the month! how sad, but she's with her Heavenly Father now! i hope your grandpa is doing ok!
Kaycee, that was a great post. What a wonderful tribute to Oma. I really liked her. Gram Nell and I visited her when we were in Michigan about 15 years ago. She was a neat lady. A big loss. Thanks for the great post. LOVE!!!! the 5 gen pic.
so sorry for your loss kaycee. glad you got to see her recently. great post.
I'm glad you got to know her so well. It sounds like she had a long full life and she will be much missed. Thanks for sharing about her!
Post a Comment