Abbey at the hospital.
Just born!
She was a big baby!

Proud dad!

Very tired mom!

Abbey's 3rd birthday is this Sunday, August 30th. So my next few post will be all about her!
Abbey is the cutest little girl ever! She is so caring, so loving, so smart, so funny, and I love her so much! I could go on and on about her!
When Robby and I got married 81/2 yrs ago. We wanted kids right away! I thought I would be like the rest of my family and pop out babies just by thinking about it. But as most of you know it was not that easy. Not easy at all! We did just about every thing to have a baby. I was checked over for any kind of problems. That was not fun. Robby was checked as well. But it wasn't until yrs later that he was checked again at a better clinic, that he found out it was he, that had the problem. We were told that our chances of having a baby was slim to none. But we did every thing to try. We did the temperature thing, clomid, ovulation kits and artificial insemination 4 times. When every thing failed, We decided that we would adopt. we went through the long process to get approved. It took about 6 months to get approved. Then we waited for one whole yr for some one to chose us to adopt their baby. It was so hard to go through all that. I didn't think it would ever happen.
About 5 yrs of trying for a baby, I took a pregnancy test. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! I remember smiling from ear to ear and saying to Robby " Pregnant!?" "Does this really say pregnant??!" "Really?" I couldn't believe it! I took 3 test just to make sure! Yes, I was pregnant!
It was a hard pregnancy! I was soooo sick for the first 20 weeks! I was so nauseated! Some days I thought I would die. I had every symptom. The awful smells, stuffy nose, I swelled so bad, charly horses, couldn't sleep, my skin turned a weird color in certain spots. one being my armpits. It was hard, but awesome and exciting! My due date was August 27th. my doctor told me that Abbey would be a small baby, but that I most likely would need a C-section because my pelvis was so small. But she wanted me to at least try it the natural way first, just in case I might be able to push a small baby out.
I was nervous I didn't want a C-section, but prepared my self mentally.
When it got closer to my due date, my doctor checked every week to see if my cervix was changing or if I dilated. Nothing was happening. So she said go to the hospital Monday night, that was August 28th. we will give you some meds that should help your cervix soften. Then the next day we will induce you, if your cervix looks better.
I was so excited, yet soooo nervous.
We get to the hospital that evening. they hook me up to IV's and they start the first round of meds. I had to dissolve this pill in my mouth. It took about an hour to dissolve. Then they would bring me another, and another. All night long! So I didn't get any sleep at all! The next morning my doctor checks me, and nothing! My cervix didn't change at all! I was sooooo bummed!
My mom and 2 sisters and Robby took off work to be with me.
My doctor said, well go home, come back Friday and we will try again. So we left around 9 0r 10 am on the 29th.
Robby went back to work and I went with my mom and sisters to visit my grandma. While I was at my grandparents house, my water broke around 11. We left to go to my doctors office so they could make sure it was my water. My water didn't gush, it trickled. So I wasn't positive. But on the way to the doctors my contractions came on, and they started to come fast and hard all of a sudden. I knew it was the real thing.
I went home got my stuff, picked Robby up and went to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 3. I was dilated to a 4. I Had lots of pain and wanted the epidural. The epidural was so nice. But my left leg and bum cheek wasn't numb and I could feel contractions on that one side. That was painful. But the rest of me felt great!
Around 1:20 am on August 30th, I was finally a 10. I could start pushing.
Let me back up. I wanted to mention, I had a full room. I had Robby, my mom, my 2 sisters, my niece and my cousin Ashlie there to watch Abbey be born. They were sitting on the couch in the labor room with me, and eating popcorn while I was pushing!!!! Just like they went to the movies!
On top of that, my brother in law Hemi was at the hospital, he was really tired and needed to work the next day. So he got a blanket and pillow and tried to sleep in the bathroom tub. He couldn't sleep with all the noises of me pushing, and every one cheering me on.
Back to my story. So I pushed for about an hour and a half! It was the hardest I ever had to do physicaly. I didn't think she would ever come out. I thought my fears of a C-section would come true. But luckily she came. Not only was I able to do it with out a C-section, but to every one surprise she weighed 9 Lbs, 8 0z and had a HUGE head! She was born at 2:48 am on August 30th! Right a way every one knew she was Robby's baby! they looked identical!
It was the best experience I ever had! She was so adorable! She was so chubby and her cry sounded like a lion cub! I miss my little baby, she is all grown up now.
4 comments:
I thought you were making an announcement when i saw the first picture! you had me really excited. :)
happy birthday to abbey tomorrow! and we'll see you guys today.
Abbey was such a beautiful baby!!! I'm so glad that your baby dreams came true. (Twice!)
Aw how sweet. Love this post. Happy Birthday to little Abbey!
I thought you were making an announcement too! Thanks for letting us come to your party Abbey (wish we would have been on time!) Happy Birthday tomorrow Abbs!
Post a Comment