Monday, August 17, 2009

church and Mackinac Island

Sunday we went to church at the Branch. This is the church building. Just tinny. The branch has about 20 people. When our family went it doubled in size.

After church we made our long trek up to Mackinaw City. We stayed in a motel in Mackinaw City. It was not a nice motel. The furniture was old, the bathroom didn't look clean, the blankets were stained and our room had nats galor! Even on our bed. Then they had a breakfast for the guest. They shared the breakfast with another hotel. So it was so crowded! We had to wait in a long line to get our food, all the tables were full and the food was HORRIBLE tasting! I left hungry.
Down below is 2 pictures of the view from our Motel.
The view was nice.


The next morning we boarded the boat and headed over to the Island. Mackinac Island. The only way to the Island is by boat. It's about a 20-30 min boat ride to the beautiful Island. The only way around the Island is by bike or horse. No cars or motorized vehicles are allowed on the Island. It's so neat! The movie somewhere in time was made on the Island. If you never seen that movie, it's a must see. It's an old one, but a good one.




This is the Mackinaw bridge that connects Michigan's upper peninsula.






Lindsey, Spencer and Abbey.






Aunt Judy, Lindsey and Abbey.






This is the big famous Hotel. The Grand Hotel! It's expensive and fancy. If you want to eat there, you must dress formal.




Pictures on the Island.








Robby and Jaden on Mackinac Island.



My mom and dad, trying to get a hang of the tandem bike.


Getting ready to take off on our bikes.



Lindsey and Hemi.















We started on our trek around the Island. Their is a road that goes around the Whole Island. It's 8 miles around. It's a nice easy ride. It's a beautiful ride too.


Picture of the boat dock on the Island.



Here we go!
we took many stops along the way for pictures and to play in the water.



Mom, Robby and Dad.


Jaden









The water was so nice!! It was so clear!!! My brother in law Hemi said "it's like swimming in bottled water." He said it was the best he ever swam in.




I hope in this picture you can see how nice and clear the water is. I love it!






Hemi taking a dip.




Lindsey and part of Aunt Judy.





Jaden. We just took off there clothes and let them play for a bit.





my mom and the girls.

Lindsey and Spencer.

Aunt Judy, and Robby.





Spencer, dad, and mom.



A view of the bridge from the Island.





Dad and Aunt Judy



mom




Rob, and the kids. Because of the humidity, Abbey's head was so full of tight boingy curls!


The boats that take you to the Island.



The weather was perfect! Robby and Lindsey.

Me!




After our bike ride, we stopped and got ice cream.




cheers!



Jaden and I, on the boat heading back to the main land.




The family and a view of the Island, from the boat.


A light house.
If you have never been to the Island, or Michigan, it is a must go and see!
If you haven't seen my other first 2 post of our trip, look down below.












































9 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

the water looks cold, was it?

Anonymous said...

that was soooo fun!! I miss it!
love lindsey hemara

The Viewer said...

Who the heck is Aunt Judy?!!?

Kaycee said...

The water wasn't cold. It was nice. Aunt Judy, is my dad's aunt that came with us.

Heidi said...

Oh, it looks like fun! I'm glad you had a few mishaps though (like the hotel) to make even more memorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kayc, that was fun. Just like being there. I'm so glad Judy could go. She hasn't stopped talking about how wonderful it was, how wonderful you guys all are, and how much fun she had. She even loved the little girls squabbling. Really sorry I missed it all. Maybe next time.

bakers dozen said...

i so want to go to that Island. I love somewhere in time! The grand hotel would be worth it to eat and stay at. We will have to do it sometime. And plus the whole bike thing looks like a blast.

Balser said...

I wish I could live in that clear water! That's saying something since I am not really a water person!

3 of us said...

I am so jealous you guys look like you guys had so much fun!!! I wish I went back this while you guys were there maybe next year. I love all the pictures!!