I love Pioneer day. Not only because Robby gets to have a day off, and we have fun with the family, but because of the Pioneers. They are just so special to me. All their sacrifices they made to get here, and to follow the prophet. I don't think I could do what they did.It's also special because my family crossed the plains. I love to read pioneer history.
My grandma Pete gave me a gold ring that belonged to my great, great grandma who crossed the plains. It was her wedding ring. my great great grandma gave it to my great grandma, who then gave it to my grandma, and then she gave it to me!
Thanks grandma! I feel so special to have this ring. It means a lot to me. I wear it all the time, and never take it off.
We had so much fun for Pioneer day/ Weekend! Thursday evening Robby took the kids to the Bountiful parade, while I went to SLCC to get info on school. Then My sister Lindsey and her family plus my brother Dallin and his wife spent the night at our house. Friday morn we took the kids to Cherry hill water park. We had fun being together, and the kids had a good time, but I don't recommend that water park, it's not the best.
I didn't get any pictures of our fun on Friday. :0( bummer.
Friday night my sister Tawni Joined us for a BBQ at our house, then we did our own fireworks in our front yard.
Lindsey and her family spent the night again, and then Saturday evening we went to a restaurant called Porters Place. It was in Lehi. It was the perfect restaurant to go to for pioneer weekend.
It is a restaurant dedicated to Porter Rockwell. (Joseph Smith's and Brigham Young's body guard) It was a Tavern built in 1915, then in 1971 made into a restaurant. The place looks as old as it would have looked 95 yrs ago. They had really good food. All the food names had to do with Pioneers, the prophets or the church. The picture down below is of us at Porters place.
7 comments:
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS WERE ALL THE WAY DOWN IN LEHI AND WE WEREN'T EVEN HERE!!! And I've been wanting to go to Porter's for a while! I've never been! But you guys look like you had a great weekend!
Sounds like fun!!! Wow, Kaycee, you guys have had one great summer!
Kaycee, I loved your story about the ring. It belonged to Grandma Leavitt (Lister's wife). She didn't come across the plains but her grandfather, I believe, led one of the wagon trains, and is mentioned in the Doctrine & Covenants. He is Zerah Pulsipher. He had close dealings with the Prophet Joseph Smith. Zerah was a very talented leader and organizer, and was one of the first 5 councilmembers of Salt Lake City when it became a city. You can imagine my surprise when I worked for SLC Corp in the 80's as Deputy Recorder and saw his name on a plaque hanging in the Council Chambers where I attended meetings.
I loved your blog....and what a fun week you all had.
You guys DO know how to have fun. That's for sure! Very cute pics.
You have such a fun life! I am starting to feel like the most boring mom on the planet!
Are there still play dates going on? I am feeling really out-of-the loop!
we haven't had any play dates for a while! I want to start it back up again. I get back from Michigan on the 14th, so maybe the tuesday or any day after that we can do a play date.
Jayden looks like he had a blast in the sand and water! I want to come to craft morning too but Karah now has school every morning. We could come at about noon though...
Post a Comment