For over 2 weeks Abbey had been complaining about her right ear. She would say it hurt, or say that something was in it. Then over the weekend, I noticed there was blood in her ear canal. So yesterday I made her an appointment for 3:45. I needed to leave at 3:20 to be there on time. If we are more then 15 min late, our appointment is canceled.
Robby had the car, so he had to leave early from work so I would have the car. But he got home later then I wanted. so we didn't leave my house until 3:30. 10 min later then needed. Both exits to the freeway were closed, so I took the long way. I was getting nervous that I wouldn't make it. I got to South temple and there was construction. I knew I would be late if I stayed on that road. So I took a right thinking I would go to the next light and go up. But at that light you couldn't make a left. so I went to the next light, and the next getting further and further from the doctors office! I couldn't turn left at any of those lights! On top of it I hit every light red. (Even the lights that are at the cross walks)so at the 4th light I finally got to turn, but the trax train was stopped in the middle of the intersection! I couldn't believe it! was I ever going to get there??
I called and told them I was running late. They said, "well if you are 15 min late, you can't be seen." I said "there is no way I was going to make it in 3 min." So I said "should I just turn around and go home then?" They checked with the nurse and she gave the ok to keep coming. Oh by the way I was way below E and the light was on for awhile, but didn't have time to get gas. So I was praying that I would get there at all. So I finally got there after hitting every single red light! I was 25 min late for her appointment! When I got there they said we might be too late and we might not get seen. I was sooooo mad! But after checking with the nurse, they luckily let it slide. So Abbey sees the doc, and nothing at all is wrong with her ear! I was so surprised and couldn't believe it! all this time of her talking and playing with that ear! and on top of it, trying so hard to make it to her appointment and nothing is wrong!!! I was glad, but also mad. ya know?
So I had to hurry home to give Robby the car so he could go to his next job. But abbey and I were hungry and I knew we didn't have any food for dinner. (we need to go grocery shopping) I knew I didn't have time to go the store. So I decided to go to subway on the way back. So I went to one and waited at the drive through forever! no one took my order. So I pulled up to the window to see what was going on, and no ever came to the window to help me. So after waiting I left. fuming mad I went to the next subway heading towards home. I pull into that drive through. The man came on the speaker and said "look at the menu and I will take your order in a minute" So I did. I sat there and waited and waited! I yelled "HELLO"!!! No one came. Finally just as I was going to pull away the guy motioned for me to the window. He got some paper and pen to take my order. He barely spoke English, so it took forever to take my order! I was trying to stay calm. But inside I wanted scream at him. Oh my stars! I was so happy to get home!
A Little Lost
4 days ago
4 comments:
Yuck! I'm glad it wasn't me!
Oh you poor thing!!! What an afternoon, and especially frustrating that it feels like it was for nothing. But I am glad that Abbey's OK.
Oh Kaycee! I hate days like that! Today was busy with activity days, but it wasnot one of those really bad days.
Oh frustrating! I hate when I have days like that-like everything that can go wrong will go wrong! We call it "Barrett Luck!" Good thing you didn't run out of gas on top of it all! ;)
Post a Comment