Heidi, (my distant cousin) gave me the idea to share the story of how Robby and I met.
So here I go.
It was my Sophomore yr of High school. I was 15 yrs old. It was just after Christmas break.
Our classes changed for the 2nd half of the yr.
My sister Tawni and I had signed up for Aerobics. But a few days before school started back up, we were notified that the aerobics class was full, and we would need to chose another class to take.
I was so disappointed.
If I remember right, the only class that wasn't full by that time was, Foods class. I didn't want that class. I remember saying to Tawni "So instead of taking a class that would help me lose weight, I am taking a class that will help me gain weight."
I don't know what I was worried about with my 115 pounds of weight that I thought was fat.
But anyway, back to my story.
So January of 1997 we went to our first day of foods class. We sat with 2 other girls, making us a group of 4. We had our own little station for cooking. Next to our station was a group of 5 boys. rowdy boys who all looked like druggies. I wasn't interested with any of them, and in away they annoyed me. (Robby being one of them)
About a month later. Around the first week in February my mom asked me if I knew a "Robby Wyatt" in my foods class.
Let me back up. My mom is a school crossing guard. She had became friends with a bus driver named Dalene. (Robby's aunt, who raised Robby)
Back to my story
I said "um... yeah, I think so. Does he have long hair?" my mom: "yeah, that is him." Then she continued to tell me how she knew him and his aunt.
So the next day in foods I started to pay attention to Robby. The more I watched him, the more I realized that he wasn't so weird, and he was actually funny and nice to every one. Then I noticed his rockin hard, muscular body! ooo la la!
I got the courage up to say something to him. I asked if he had a aunt Dalene. We started talking, and come to find out, my little brother was friends with his little brother.
I had a great time talking to him. We didn't talk too long, but after our talk, there was something about him that drew me to him. I had this good feeling about him.
I didn't want to like him. why? Because I was a Mormon girl with a strict dad, and mom. He was catholic, had long hair, earrings, and wore black rockers clothes that had pictures of heavy metal bands on his shirt. Not some one my parents would want me bringing home.
But again, something drew me to him. So that night I called him. I don't know why, or what I thought I might say to him. We talked for awhile. I got to like him more and more! I got to where I was sooooo excited to go to foods class. I would follow him to find out where is other classes were and where his locker was. (yes, stalked him)
In foods class I would flirt with him, and he never would flirt back. well, sorta flirt. I was wondering if he liked me or not. Come to find out he was just real shy around girls.
after about 2 weeks of talking in foods class and a little on the phone, we started hanging out. We would eat lunch at school together, and he would walk me to my classes.
I never told my parents, but my mom started figuring out I liked him. She wasn't too happy about the idea.
Then one day about 3 months after we met, we went to smiths grocery store on our lunch. we got back in his car and we were talking and he kissed me. We had our first kiss! I had butterflies galor! One because I was happy and excited, but the other was because I knew my parents would kill me, and not be happy with my choice in a boy friend.
That night Robby called me, and basically said we should go steady and be officially boy friend and girl friend. That was April 29th 1997.
My parents weren't too happy about it at first. But then my mom one night got this good feeling about Robby, and she knew it would all be ok, and convinced my dad to let us be together.
We were together all the time! mostly at my house. My sister went every where we went, as our chaperon. When I turned 16, we had our first date to our school dance.
I got him to cut his hair, and in 1998, about a yr after we met he started listening to the missionaries. His aunt wouldn't allow him to be baptized. She was quite mad, and didn't let us see each other any more.
So one night Robby ran away from home. He actually got emancipated (sp) was on his own. He got baptized a month before his 18th birthday.
After about 8 months of living with his friends family, he became homeless. my parents let him stay out on our trampoline. (Far away from me) He slept out on my tramp with my 2 youngest brothers for about a month or 2. Then it got colder, so they let Robby sleep on the back deck. Again my 2 brothers followed him to the back deck. He stayed out back until the snow fell. Then my parents allowed him to move into their unfinished basement. (no heat, no walls, just cement.) there he mad it his home. My 2 youngest brothers both went where he went. they would rather sleep in a cold basement on a hard floor, with him, then sleep in their compfy room. ( Robby was still far away from me. 3 floors away)
Then January of 1999 Robby left on a mission to Tennessee. We wrote all the time. But while he was away, I did date other guys. But after all the guys I dated, Robby was still my #1! When he returned in November of 2000, we were engaged a week later. Then got married 2 and a half months after he returned. We were married February 9th 2001. I was the good ole ripe age of 19 yrs.
So that is my long story! Hope it didn't bore you.
A Little Lost
4 days ago
5 comments:
thanks for sharing. I didnt know most of that.
i LOVE that story! i miss ya! I haven't seen you guys in FOREVER!
That was great, Kaycee!!!! That's so funny that the guy who would not have been the one your parents picked for you ended up being just right after all. Thanks for humoring me and telling your story!
Those are my FAVORITE stories...how people meet! When I meet someone new I always ask them how they met...married couples, that is. That was some fun reading. It's good to know all the background. I'd only heard that you met in your foods class. NEAT STORY!!!!
I wish I would have paid more attention to people in school! I am sure I saw you guys around, I just didn't realize it! I have excuses (Sophomore year I was everywhere-social butterfly, my junior year, my dad had two liver transplants so I basically checked out of school for the year (mentally) and my senior year I was so hooked on Shawn and waiting for him and busy with school stuff, I didn't notice anything! So self-involved!) Glad I've had another chance to be friends with you guys! It's been wonderful!
Post a Comment