My sister Lindsey, my mom Laura,
My brother in law Hemi, our friend
Emily who lives with our parents,
Robby, my brother Amanee and his
girl
friend
melisssa. my sister Tawni, Jaden and I are the only ones missing.


friend
melisssa. my sister Tawni, Jaden and I are the only ones missing.
Why are weekends so busy? Nothing happens all week, and then weekends are flooded with things that need to be done, or what not. My weekends are always jammed packed! Friday wasn't too busy. We went to the gym. While at the gym, I was able to practice my phlebotomy skills. (sorta) I don't know if any one knows what cauliflower ear is? But lots of people who do martial arts get it. I think it has something to do with when the cartilage breaks and it fills up with fluid. Robby's friend had it. So he bought a medical syringe with a needle/vacuum on it. I can't explain it. But any way I used my skills and pulled out all the fluid. Now his ear is back to normal. It was cool. I know that sounds weird to say. But That kind of thing, is what I like to do.
After the gym we had friends Margarita and Michelle came over to hang out. Abbey has a crush on my friends oldest son Anthony. He is 9, I think. It's cute. She always has to run over to him and sit or stand next to him. He plays really good with her and she has a blast. My friend also has a 2 yr old, she loves to play with, but I think she prefers Anthony.
Saturday morning we went to the gym and then I finally went and did some Christmas Shopping! woo hoo! I love to Christmas shop. Ross delivers! I did all my shopping at Ross Saturday. I got tons! and only spent $101.00. If I were to get the same items at a different store at the original price, I would have spent at least $200.00. I left there happy with my bargains!
After shopping for a couple hours I had to go to a baby shower for Robby's brother's girlfriend. They went all out for her shower. They served dinner. It was fun. After the shower I had to go to old navy to get a present for my dad's birthday. Sadly Ross didn't have what I was looking for. Then Robby, the kids and I, went to dinner at this little Mexican Restaurant near my house called Flores. I love that restaurant! the food is so good, and the decor inside is cute. I recommend it. Oh and they always give you dessert. complimentary desserts. cool eh?
Sunday after church I went visiting teaching. I really enjoy going visiting teaching. I look forward to it. I hadn't always, but I visit ladies who I enjoy talking with. After visiting teaching we went to my parents for dinner and to celebrate my dad's 53rd birthday! Like always we had tons of fun with my family. My sister Lindsey, her husband Hemi and 2 kids Hannah and Houston just got home from a 2 week trip to New Zealand! To visit Hemi's family. Lindsey had never been there before and never met his family. They had a blast. It was fun to see them after 2 weeks and to hear their stories. Robby and I plan to go back with them when they go in 2 yrs!
This is a shout out to grandma Pete "come with us!!"
Yesterday my parents, Lindsey, Hemi and their 2 kids came over for dinner. I made Chicken noodle soup. It was delicious! I was nervous it wouldn't turn out, but it did! My parents came out to go see Abbey at gymnastics! Abbey loved that they came to see her. She kept saying "watch me over here!"
After gymnastics our friends Margarita and her family came over for family home evening. We played taboo all evening. lots of fun had by all!
Abbey has learned her ABC's. she can say them all the way through with no help! Jaden is starting to scoot him self around (just a little) while he is on his belly. He also is learning to hold his toys and shake his rattles. He also can push himself around in his walker. Just learning that, he doesn't do it too well yet.
5 comments:
Fun! I'm glad Lindsey, Hemmi and the kiddos got home safely! Shawn says Abbey does really good somersaults! He was impressed!
sounds like a super busy weekend! i'm glad lindsey and hemi are finally home, they were gone a long time.
Love your news and pictures, Kayc. Wish I could have been there for your dad's celebration. I still owe him a BD gift. I told him I was going to cook for him but haven't felt up to anything yet. Keep up the good blogging. It's great!
Hugs, Gram
hahaha i look horrible! ahahaha
Sounds like a good kind of busy! My husband has the cauliflower ear thing from his wrestling days, but he wouldn't get it fixed. I think he's proud of his "wrestling badge."
Post a Comment