I love this time of year! I started getting excited for Thanksgiving, and decided to do a Thanksgiving craft with Abbey. I wanted to make a wreath with construction paper and our hands traced and cut out. It was a bigger project then I thought it would have been!! I think it took us an hour and a half to do and that was with Robby's help. I traced Abbey's, Robby's, Jaden's and my hands. we each had 7 hands traced. Then I had to cut each one. That is 28 hands. Then I got poster board and cut a wreath shape out and put the hands on, well it was too small, so I cut a bigger one out and then it was too big, so I had to then go and trace and cut out more hands. Well we finally got it done! It looks good. It has all of our hands. Abbey was excited because she had her own pair of scissors that we just bought for her. She was also in charge of gluing the hands down.
I decided to start doing my pumpkin pies. I am not a good cook/baker at all. There are only 2 things that I can cook/bake that is better then any one else. One is Top Ramen. I make it perfect! the noodles aren't too hard or too mushy. The other thing is my home made from scratch pumpkin pies. It took me 8 tries to get it down, and now I am the master! My brother in law Hemi and my brother Amanee every yr want me to make them their own pie.
So tonight I took my pumpkin (un carved) off the front porch and cut it in chunks and I am boiling it and then measuring it out and putting the pumpkin mush in freezer bags to keep until Thanksgiving or when ever.
Today was Abbey's and Jaden's first time playing together. (sorta playing) Jaden was sitting in his bouncer and Abbey would hide bellow and then pop up and say boo! or back up to the wall and run to him and say boo! he was laughing so hard! they both had fun. It was dang cute!
5 comments:
Oh my heck. What a cute craft.. Great idea!! See that is the type of stuff I want to do with my kids!!! I love your punkin pie too. So good. Its awesome that you make it from scratch. Maybe one of these days I'll try it. Your kids are dang cute. YOU'RE lil family is dang cute!
cute pictures! how do you think they turned out? i like them.
i like your cute little craft also. i might copy you! :)
What a great craft idea! I think it turned out great. and I have to say- you pretty darn ambitious to make from scratch pies- maybe someday I'll have to beg the recipe off you when I want to WOW my husband with my domesticated skills! :) By the way- your family pictures on the sidebar are great!
I'm going to beg for the recipe now! I've always wanted to try making pumpkin pie from scratch. I know I can't do it right now, but if I can freeze the pumpkin for later...maybe I can sweet-talk my mom into preparing the pumpkin part so I can make pies in January.
Your wreath turned out so cute! I'm so impressed at how crafty you are. Also - your pictures turned out great! I love them.
Post a Comment