Lately I have been really home sick for my star crest ward. I've really missed the good ole days when we lived in our town houses in Rose Park with our old Friends. I don't miss my town house, but just the fun we had living there. I know even if we went back it wouldn't be the same, Some of my friends have moved.
I miss my old visiting teaching companion. She was the best. I miss the ladies we visited. I always looked forward to going to see them.
I miss our dinner groups we had.
I miss the weekly play dates/craft mornings that I would have with my friends.
I miss that I knew all my neighbors and on a summer night we would be out side talking with them.
I miss the parties we had with friends/neighbors.
I miss going to relief society and feeling welcome, and being surrounded by friends.
I loved how all my friends had kids the same age as mine. Abbey had so many little friends. Her whole nursery was full of her friends.
Most of my friends in that ward were pregnant at the same time, when I was pregnant with Jaden.
about 3 yrs ago, our friends started a baby sitters club. I am sure most of you heard of it. But we have been doing it faithfully for that long. Because of friends moving, Saturday will be our last baby sitting Hoorah! It's really sad for me to think it's coming to an end. Sad for me, but I am sad for Abbey that her good friends that she has had before she was one, she wont see any more.
There are so many things I miss,but that is just to name a few. We had so many good memories living there, with our friends and baby sitters club. I've been blue this week thinking about it, so I decided to post about it.
August on the Way Out
3 weeks ago
6 comments:
I feel the same way about places and people that I have had to leave behind (or who have moved on). Sometimes if I dwell on it for too long it really brings me down.
I know it's got to be hard adjusting to the new ward and everything. It's taken me three years to finally settle in and build some fun new relationships in our current ward. It's funny because when we moved to Sanders there was only a little branch and the welcome by new friends and a new set of social activities was immediate. Every place is different, I guess. Sounds like your old ward was one of the easy fits! (But hang in there, I bet in a few years you'll feel the same about your current circle. :-)
i agree with heidi, i bet sometime down the road you will feel the same way about your current ward. it has taken me two years now and i finally know everyone and like my ward a lot. i think the secret is to quickly get involved in everything you can (relief society activities, play groups, exercise groups, whatever they have). when i started going to things, i met people and made friends. hope you feel welcome soon!
I miss you too!!!! We really should start up getting the kids together at least once a week like we used to. At least the 2 of us for sure- we arae both just home- WHY NOT?! We have had SOOOO much sick lately- but I am really looking forward to coming over on Thursday.
I miss the Starcrest ward as well. It is hard to leave that neighborhood feel that we had there. But we are not that far away and we need to hang out more.
I feel like that about leaving Boise and moving to Nevada...
I agree I miss everyone we hung out with but we just need to set a day where we can get together to hang out. I miss everyone.
Post a Comment