Monday, June 7, 2010

Mutton Bustin

These pictures are backwards. But here is Abbey with her 2nd place trophy, and Hannah with her medal. Brave little girls.

Abbey right before they lower her into the shoot and on to the sheep.





Hemi (my bro in law) signed up my niece Hannah and Abbey for Mutton Bustin. Abbey was prepared and excited for mutton bustin for a month.




The day of, She got all ready in her western shirt. She was ready, but a little nervous. That day Uncle Dallin practiced with her, by giving her rides on his back and giving her pointers.




On the way to mutton Bustin Abbey said "I can ride Dad, and uncle Dallin ok, but I don't think I can ride a animal like a sheep. Do they have peddles?"




She was scared standing in line and started crying and saying she didn't want to go. So we took her out and then she cried because she wanted to go. So we talked to her, and said a prayer with her and she was ok to go. when they put her on the sheep, she started crying and saying "No, I don't want to go." But it was too late then the shoot was opened and off the sheep ran! you could hear her crying all the way, but she held on for dear life and went far. She got Second place out of about 15 kids. She was the youngest one there too. The ages are 3-6. The boy who got first place was 5 or 6. So she did really good! She got a big trophy, a medal, and a gift certificate to get cow girl boots at AA calisters.




Hannah did really well too! She was brave, and went very first to lead the way! It was so fun to watch them. Abbey says she doesn't want to go again, unless she rides a sheep that will go slow. When she fell off the sheep, she had dirt in every crevasse.She had dirt clods in her helmet, and she had tore her pants in the crotch, and when she went to the bathroom, she had dirt filled in her underwear.


This is my 4th post today, take a look at my first 3.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Well, congrats Abbey on getting 2nd place! I think I would have been terrified too!

Lindsey Hemara said...

I am so proud of Abbey. That is so great!!!

3 of us said...

Wow that is cool never thought there was some thing like this that is so cool congrats Abby!!

Krystal said...

Wow! So brave and cute! That's neat that she won second place and was the youngest one! :)