Thursday, May 27, 2010

My birtthday

I had dreaded my birthday.I know I am still in my 20's, but just knowing it was the last yr in my 20's.

My birthday fell on a Wednesday this yr. So I wasn't planning on doing much. Wednesday's Robby is gone all day with both of his jobs. So my plan was just stay home with the kids and baby sit my niece.

But to my surprise my wonderful Robby took the day off to be with me. He got up with the kids. Then they woke me up about 8:30 to wish me happy birthday and take me to breakfast!
Abbey when she woke me up, she said "It's your birthday mom! but we wont celebrate it, just have it." I thought that was funny.

We went to the pancake house in Sugar house. I had never been there, but it was really good!

Then the rest of the day we just hung out at home and relaxed, didn't do any thing, but it was nice.

Robby had to work at the gym that night. My friend Angela watched the kids while I went to the gym with out them, for a break.

After the gym, we went to the store to get some ice cream for dessert. We brought it home to eat and watch a movie.

on the drive home I started having cramps in my lower abdomen. I didn't think anything of it, preg people can get cramps and it's nothing. When I got home they got a little worse. I was thinking maybe braxton hicks, or the baby was pushing on a nerve or maybe I needed to have a bowl movement.

Soon I was noticing they came in a pattern like labor contractions. They weren't painful.a little like period cramps. I started to keep track of them and noticed they came every 10 min or less. I couldn't concentrate on the movie, I was just paying attention to my cramps. Soon they were coming every 5 min. This went on for an hour and a half, and so I called the doctor on call and she said they sounded like contractions. She told me to rest, and drink water (which I had already been doing for an hour and half) She said if I get more then 6 in a hour, to go to the hospital to be monitored. I got 5 in 15 min. They were coming like every 2 min now. They weren't strong, or too painful, but just odd to be having them, I was a little nervous.
so I drove to the hospital.
I was still having contractions in the car.

I got to the hospital and they did a urine sample to look for infection, because that can cause contractions. Then they hooked me up to the belly monitor.

I could feel my slight contractions, but they weren't showing up on the monitor. So they said they would keep monitoring me until my urine sample comes back in a half hour or so, but that they didn't think it was anything and I could go home.

Then about a half later I had a stronger contraction, a more noticeable more painful one. The nurse came in after my contraction and asked if I just had a contraction. She said it showed on the monitored.
after that contraction I started having more and harder ones. They were coming every 2 min, and showing on the monitor.

The resident doctor came in to check me out. He did some other test for infections, and to do a test to see if I would be going into labor in the next 2 weeks or not.

I had no infections, and my test came out negative for labor.

They gave me a shot to stop my contractions, and about 15 min after my shot, they started to slowly go away and then they were gone.

because my test came back neg, and my contractions stoped I went home at 4:30 in the morning.

I am not on "bed rest" But I am suppose to take it easy and rest more, and not pick up the kids if I don't have to.

They want me to continue to take the meds and drink lots of water and see how things go.

But luckily all is looking good. 24 weeks would not be a good time to have a baby. Survival isn't great.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh, that is so scary. I'm glad everything was fine!

Shannon said...

I am so glad that they were able to get them stopped Kaycee. That is sooo scary!! Happy Birthday to you huh?!

Anonymous said...

Good Grief Girl! What's going on? Glad all is well. I think you'll remember that birthday!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you got a day off for your b-day!

Good to hear that all is OK! Take it from me, HEED THE ADVICE TO TAKE IT EASY!!!! I know it may be hard, but seriously, let the housework go and only do the bare minimum. I didn't listen and spent two months on bed rest as a result.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness that sounds so scary! Yes take it easy, drink water and get some rest. I hope everything goes well for you. HUGS!

3 of us said...

I have that kind of same thing to with Nathan but don't be scared I sure that every thing will be okay just relax and do what the doctors say....

Balser said...

I am glad they were able to stop your contractions! Take it easy girly!

Krystal said...

What a scary thing to happen, especially on your birthday. Glad everything is okay. We'll keep you (and the little one) in our prayers. Good luck!

linnylou said...

i'm glad the celebration you had was fun for you! (sorry I didn't call you that day...****happy birthday!!!****
and i'm glad you are doing better! let's keep that baby in the oven as long as possible! love ya

Margarita Beltran said...

Kaycee glad everything turned out okay. I know how scared u most have been feeling cause at 24 weeks is when I went in labor with Marissa. Just remember that God has a plan and modern medicine is so much different then before. I am sure the baby would be okay but thank God that was not his plan