Today is one of those days when I look at my house and cry because I can't ever keep up on it.
I feel like other mom's are so organized and good house keepers and then my house doesn't stay clean for more then a half hour! What am I doing wrong??
I feel like I spend time every day and It never gets clean. I only have 2 kids, so why?
Am I just Lazy and I need to clean every second, of every day?
*Laundry is always piled sky high!
*I have to clean my kitchen 3 times a day, or it's a disaster!
*I have toys strung out from one end of the house to the other.
*kids are dragging out blankets and clothes out.
*Abbey is constantly pulling clothes down out of her closet.
I feel like I clean the kitchen, living room, and play room all day, and have nothing to show for it.
I clean those rooms, because if any one were to come over that is what they see. So my bathrooms and bed rooms get neglected because I am so busy with the other rooms.
I also feel guilty because I am so worried about my house, that I don't play with my kids as much as I should. But if I don't clean my house, I get way ornery and depressed and can't play with my kids. So it's just a lose, lose situation.
You would never know I worry about my house, when you look at it.
When I am sick, like I was the last 2 days. My house goes to pots. Now I have triple the mess, and I am just so overwhelmed looking at it.
How does every one else do it? Why can't I keep the house clean? Why does my house make or break my mood?
Sorry to vent, it's not a very fun, uplifting post.
A Little Lost
4 days ago
10 comments:
I had this same exact conversation (while in tears) with my husband the other night! And I kept insisting to him that just about every other mom I know keeps their house in decent shape, why can't I? I don't think you are alone, Kaycee. I wish I had some words of advice for you, but I don't. All I can say is hang in there, we're all in the same boat.
story of my life. i wish i could just neglect my house and let things be messy. i am total ocd with cleanliness though and sometimes i worry that my kids suffer because i am so busy cleaning all the time. i just can't stand it not being clean- i really can't. all you can do is your best. one trick i try to do is be wherever cole is when i'm cleaning so that i can talk/interact with him. i feel less guilty that way. and obviously i bring max wherever i am too. sometimes i ask him to do little things to help me and try to make it fun for him, but if he doesn't want to i never make him. it's hard to balance life and kids.
I don't even have any kids and my house is a mess! Does that make you feel better? :)
Your post really made me sad until I stopped to think of how I raised my kids and how I was about cleaning. I really got depressed if my house was dirty and things weren't done. I could laugh now and how anal I used to be. I would actually threaten to BEAT my kids if they walked on my 'just mopped' floor, or dirtied those just-washed dishes, etc. Some days are good, some are not so good, but they are all memories. I think with little kids it is expected when you see a cluttered house. At least they're enjoying living.
Your house seems to be very clean and you certainly clean more than I do. My house is always a mess. I was just talking to blake about it today. He said "we clean the kitchen and 2 hours later it's a mess again" It's so true. It's how it is for every room in my house. And I only have one kid who doesn't make messes.... BAH HUMBUG Vent all you want. It is frustrating. Sometimes when I'm away from home I dread coming home cause I know my house is a mess. It depresses me too. I know it's my job to do it so when it's a mess I put all the blame on me and beat myself up for it. It's normal to feel overwhelmed I think. But I really really beleive you are doing a fantastic job keeping your house clean, giving your children attention and making meals. You are super mom/wife!!
Don't worry Kaycee. You clean your house all the time. Don't be hard on your self. I think most moms are like you. I dont have any words of advice but I think you do a great job at keeping up on your house and spending time with your kids. It's hard, and you do a better job then you think. Don't stress out about it. (easy said then done, I know) but you really do a good job.
I think you are like the rest of us I need every thing organized and my house still is messy every day feel like no matter how hard I clean my house in a few hours it gets messy again and I only have one child some days I just give up and my house looks like a bomb went off (like right now). If you need to vent I am always a phone call away I think you feel like most mothers though that don't have their own maid
My house is always a mess too, and from reading some of the other comments, it sounds like messy is the norm...instead of the other way around. :) Don't "beat yourself up" about it, just do your best. It sounds like you are doing a great job. Besides your kids enjoy spending time with you, more than they enjoy a clean kitchen or bathroom. :)
One thing that works for me is to honestly not have that much stuff...My kids can't make very big messes because they don't have that much stuff to get out. I have to keep up on the laundry or everyone will be naked and I have to do dishes on time because otherwise there's nothing to eat on. Recently I've been using one of the calendars from motivatedmoms.com to help me stay on top of the deeper cleaning things that seem to get neglected and I really like that. You might want to check it out.
Our house is always a mess. I feel the same way you do a lot of the time. Then I sit back and realize that my kids are only little once and that I need to enjoy them while they are little. Who cares if my sink is full of dishes. In the end we will have the memories of the times spent together not of the sink being full of dishes.
Post a Comment