Sunday, March 29, 2009

packing, parties and mohawks. oh my

About my weekend.....
Friday we started packing. It's exciting, but yet, it doesn't seem real. It doesn't seem like it's all going to work out. Once you get started you realize how much STUFF you really have. It's kinda overwhelming.
Every day Abbey asked if we are going to our new house yet. She is really excited!
Saturday My day started bright and early! Abbey was up all night sick. She had a cough, cold, fever, and she looked horrible! So my day started at 5:30am. Too early! But I guess it was ok, because I had lots to do! I made cookies that I was taking to a family dinner that I had planned for my mom's family (cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents) Plus my soon to be sister in law Grisel's family.
Before the party Robby and I went to the Bountiful temple with my parents and sister Lindsey and her husband Hemi. (we all go once a month together)
Then we went strait to the church to set up the cultural hall with tables, table clothes and center pieces. Then we set up the serving tables and finished making some of the dinner. We had one of my favorite meals, which is Hawaiian hay stacks!
The party went well and I think every one had fun.
After the party Abbey was feeling pretty miserable, I held her on the couch and she was breathing harder, and wheezing and burning up. The meds where not bringing her 104 temperature down. I felt so bad for her. She had been sick for a week and and half with a cold and cough and then all of a sudden got a fever. So I knew she had an infection some where. So I took her to instacare. (we were there for 2 hours!) They checked her oxygen and it was in normal ranges. They like it above 95% and hers was 90% but they don't hospitalize unless it gets down to 88%. So luckily she was in the safe. She has a sinus infection. So we got her meds (which took another hour or more) So while we were waiting, Abbey and I went to Target to get a few things. The man (cashier) who was checking us out, had a colorful Mohawk. I noticed Abbey was checking it out. When we got to the car ...
Abbey said " mom, why did that man have that on his head?"
I said "oh his hair?"
Abbey said "yes, his hair, I don't like it! It's too scary!"
I said "yes it kind of scary."
Abbey said "it's too weird"
I couldn't help but laugh!
Then Abbey was talking on the phone to my grandparents and she was telling them all about the man with the scary hair.
Abbey said "the man had scary hair! it was red, blue, and orange"
Then Abbey told my grandparents "He's a bad boy!" by then I was laughing so hard!
Then Abbey continued to talk to them and tell them about her doctors appointment she just had. She said "I went to the doctors. The doctor looked in my ears and my throat. I have a fever, and I need medicine." Then she paused and said real serious and sad voice " I just don't feel too good, right now" it was so cute, yet sad.
Then when we finally got home she said "Thank you for taking me to the store. It was fun, mom." She is such a cutie.

8 comments:

The Viewer said...

oh how nice. I love that she talks so well. What a darling lil thing. I really hope she feels better soon. I want to come visit you at your house soon- oh how I wish i had a car!

Balser said...

Poor little girl! I love how much she talks!

Ashlie Dalton said...

I'm so excited for you guys to move by me!! Yay!
I'm glad to hear that Abbey didn't have anything too serious. I hope she feels better soon.

3 of us said...

poor little girl i hope that she feels better.... The party was fun i think we all had fun thanks for planning it agian:]

by: Kim said...

Poor Abbey, Sinus infections are horrible. Both of my daughters have had one in the last month. Jessica asked me yesterday if I had read your blog I hadn't read any yet. She said Abbey has a sinus infection too I feel so bad for her they hurt; I hope she feels better fast. Jessica had the worst of hers Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of last week. We hope Abbey is feeling better.
I love it when kids see things that are weird and comment. You are lucky she didn't just ask the guy about it. My oldest would have at that age.
Good luck with the packing, it is not fun but worth it in the end.

Audrey said...

ha ha ha. I love hearing funny stories about children, and Abbey has so many about her, she's a card. :)

Shannon said...

Poor Abbey! Hopefully we can get these kids feeling better so that they can play! I have spring fever so bad- this nasty cold/flu season just needs to go away!

Heidi said...

Abbey is so cute-- I hope she is feeling better/ How's the packing coming along???