Wednesday, October 29, 2008

mother daughter day and the monster cat!

Today Abbey and I got to have some quality time together. It was fun. While Jaden took a nap her and I made Halloween decorations. Nothing big, it was simple. I got lined paper, drew a pumpkin, ghost, and bat. she colored them in, we cut them out and hung them on the wall. she loved it and couldn't show Robby her masterpiece! Then Robby took Jaden to the gym with him. I stayed home to get some much needed house work done. Abbey stayed home to help. We first made dinner together. we made sloppy joes and mixed veggies. she helped stir the meat. (ever so carefully, not to get burned). she pored the sloppy joe mix in and then she pored the veggies in the pot. She loves to help cook. Then she helped me wash her bath toys. then we did the dishes together. during the day if Abbey sees a dish or a bottle laying around she will pick it up and take it to the dish washer and stick it in. she knows where it goes and all. We train them young! Then we picked up all her toys and vacuumed. she gets her little toy that you push and the balls pop inside and she calls that her vacuum. she follows me around with that. she gets so excited to help! I hope that lasts.
Today I had to suck out Jaden's nose with the bulb syringe. He hates it, it's so hard to do, and he cries. ( abbey never would mind that we did it to her when she was young) But anyway, Abbey hates it when we do it to him. she will say "don't hurt my brother!" well today I told her " I have to suck out jaden's nose, because it will help him breath better." so she was ok with it at first. But I was doing it longer then she liked and she kept saying to me " ok mom, stop." "stop, it's done now" or "ok it's better now" so cute I thought. She cares for her little brother. I remember the days when she was jealous. she isn't anymore, and she just loves and adores him. I can't wait until they can play together.
For some reason Abbey is afraid of an imaginary cat. or things that sorta look like cats. It's weird because she likes cats. we have one. we have a linen closet up stairs. we keep blankets in there. we have a furry/fuzzy gray blanket stuffed in the closet. If the closet door is open at all, Abbey will run fast past the closet and say "scary, there is a cat in there!" Forever we didn't know what she was talking about. But we figured out she thought the gray fuzzy blanket was a cat. For some reason she was scared of it. Then one night she was laying with Robby and I in bed. I had my hair pulled up and draped over my pillow so that it wasn't on my neck. she sat up real fast and looked at my pillow in a panic and said " cat on your pillow!" with a scared voice. I said "no Abbey it's my hair." she said ok and laid back down, then later again she sat up scared and saw my hair on the pillow and thought it was a cat. today I put her down for a nap and she woke up screaming and I went up there to see what was wrong and she said she was scared of the cat in her room. I asked her to show me where the cat was (it was dark in her room) she pointed to a a stuffed animal on her bed. I turned on the light and she saw it and said "oh, no cat. it's Jaden's frog." But she was freaked out about what she thought was a cat. It's so weird! she isn't afraid of Tootsie our cat or any other cat.

5 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

Abbey is so big. I swear she acts like she's 2 years older than she really is. I'm glad that she isn't jealous of Jaden anymore and that she just loves him. What a cute big sister!

Heidi said...

I wonder where Abbey got the imaginary cat fear? Kids are so funny that way. My youngest is constantly afraid of dragons and always apparently finding them. No idea where that came from. (BTW, thanks for visiting my blog!)

Anonymous said...

That is wierd about the cat. Makes you wonder what brought it on. I'm amazed at how smart she is. And how much she talks. The little cutie!

The Viewer said...

Oh how interesting. Poor lil thing. I hate being scared. That's so good that she loves her brother and loves to help mommy!!

Balser said...

I wonder where she got that from! Cats...I wonder if she saw a scary one on TV on a commercial or something. I love that my girls play together now! SO sooo cute! I can't wait for your cuties to play-for your sake and Abbey's. It really makes your heart melt and you know it was a good decision to have more than one because they can learn to love others! Love it! Also, can you train my kids? They are good helpers! But they act like we never clean and like they don't know what that is!