Thursday, June 20, 2013

It actually happened!

POTTY TRAINED!! What I've learned from potty training is, Don't push it, they will do it when they are ready. Once they hit about 2, I would every now and then, suggest the potty, and every now and then ask if they wanted to try, but I wouldn't push it. If they say No, I say, ok maybe another day. With all 3 kids, they let me know when they were ready. With Brigham he came to me and took off his diaper and said he wanted to go on the toilet. AND the rest was history. Now, it wasn't without accidents and me having to constantly remind him and run him to the toilet. BUT he was ready and wanting to do it. After about 3 days he was pretty much there. after a week, I felt confident in saying he was potty trained! YIPPY!!

2 comments:

Robby Wyatt said...

Yay! Good job my little buddy!

Heidi said...

Hooray!!!!

That is what I've learned too. When people ask me if I'm thinking about potty training Kendra yet, I just laugh. Not until she tells me she wants to :)