I thought I would list some of my memories of my dad:
*Watching my dad playing baseball at our family reunion, and winning a trophy that was a cowboy boot.
*Watching my dad play basketball in some parking lot. I thought he was WAY good.
*driving home in the car late at night and listening to some soft 80's music. My dad always sang in the car. I loved it when he sang.
*My dad is a good singer, but he is modest about it, and not many people know how well he can really sing.
*My dad is a good cook. I always loved his homemade cookies that he made from his own recipe, his chicken noodle soup, that we called "Dad's soup" He also taught us how to make cinnamon toast. Yum!
*My dad would make up funny songs for us. I loved those.
*wrestling with my dad and him calling us "milk toast" (that meant we were wimps)
*watching him doing yard work every Saturday. I always thought that was his favorite thing!
*My dad would take us down to the cabin and take us on fun, but scary ATV rides.
*going fishing up at lakes near our cabin
*Eating doritos. for some reason Nacho cheese doritos remind me of my dad.
*Peanut butter reminds me of my dad. He loves Peanut butter
*We would go for car rides in the Mountain to scope out Deer.
*I thought it was cool when I would see him in his hunting clothes. Especially Camo.
* He always read us the Friend Magazine and would change the names of the characters to match ours
*Eating popsicles
*watching shows like: Mcgiver, Commish, Walker Texas Ranger. And one of his favorite movies from the 80's was Tremors.
*quick witted
*driving his tractor every Saturday in our back yard
*going Christmas shopping with him, and getting Burger King while we were out
*hard working no matter what he is doing.
*dedicated to the Gospel, and very knoweledable
*doing doughnuts in the parking lots
*jogging every morning
*playing with/massaging his "deformed" foot
*giving us rides on the fork lift
*playing flag football
*car rides
*listening to all his embarrassing moments, because there are quite a few! :)
The list can go on! 32 years of memories!
Happy Fathers Day Dad!! Love you!
A Little Lost
4 days ago
4 comments:
That was a nice tribute to your dad. Wow, you sure thought of a lot of things! As I was reading your list of memories, you helped me to remember so many things I had forgotten of. So many good memories....Thanks for doing this blog for dad. I'll make sure he sees it.
Oh my, I didn't realize how many ways he was like his mom! ha ha, Especially doing doughnuts in the parking lots, Geez, I remember that cowboy boot trophy. I think it was filled with cement! He was awesome in sports. I remember many huge home-run hits by him and Bob. That was at Duck Creek where I'm going this year. Sure will miss you guys! But have a blast in Michigan!
Nice post. I like your dad. He's always fun and a great uncle too!
Good old Dad!!
Post a Comment