Yesterday, while I was driving; I kept thinking about how lucky I am to have married such a great guy! He is one of a kind!
When we were dating, I knew he was something Special. Let me tell you why:
We were teenagers when we meant. I was/am LDS. We have moral Standards that we go by. Such as, No sex before Marriage. Robby wasn't religious, and didn't have those same standards. But he respected me. He knew it was important to me, and he liked me enough, that he liked me for me and nothing more. That to me was huge!
He didn't grow up with his parents. His mom is mentally ill. Most teenagers might be embarrassed to introduce their girlfriend to their mother; when their mother had issues, like she does. He wasn't. not one bit. Not only was he not embarrassed, but he treated her so good. He is so good with his mom.
My siblings loved him. Every youngster loved Robby. He was really good with kids.
Robby ended up getting baptized into the LDS church about a week or 2 before he turned 18. A year later at age 19 he had to make a choice. to serve a mission for our church, or not. I told him, don't feel pressure to go, I will still marry you, even if you don't go. But he felt that it was so important to go. I was so proud of him for choosing to go, even though it was hard to leave. He was a hard working Missionary too.
married life has been wonderful too:
we got married 2 1/2 months after he returned from his mission.
He was always a hard working man. He always provided well for our family. Even working 2 jobs. he knew how important it was for me to be with our kids, so he works extra hard, so I can do that.
I gained quite a bit of weight about a year after we got married and haven't been able to get it off yet. Some guys might have a problem with this, or not be attracted to their wife. Robby has never treated me bad or made me feel bad. He has always made me feel beautiful and special. He treats me like a Queen no matter what. I think that speaks volumes.
He has been good to me, and patient with me through thick and thin, good and bad times. Like when I went 5 yrs with infertility problems, or when I struggled with depression, or financial problems. He has always been there to cheer me up and make me feel everything would be ok.
When I am sick, He does everything he can for me. He also takes really good care of the kids when they are sick.
He helps me with the kids, and house work when every he can.
He is so kind hearted, not a mean bone in his body. He is very respectful to everyone. He is willing to help anyone.
He is 100% there for his kids. Whether they are sick, they have a performance, want to play or they need to learn to tie their shoes or ride a bike. He is there.
He loves the Gospel and tries every day to be better, and to be obedient to God, and his commandments. I love that he is prayerful in everything.
handy man! there isn't anything he can't do or fix.
I love that he wants to spend every minute with me and the kids. I love that he calls and or texts me through out the day, just to see how I am doing and to say hi.
I love that we can talk about anything. We have always have fun together. we never want to be apart.
I love that we have been together for 17 years and are still best friends and our marriage just gets better and better.
That is my husband and I love him!
A Little Lost
4 days ago
5 comments:
Wow, honey, very well written, and very true. And EVERYONE notices all these attributes of Robby's. He truly is "One in a million". I think back of when you were dating, and I wondered how you could possibly be dating such a person (as he was then... long hair and hard rock music)! ha ha You could see him for what was inside. Smart girl. I can't help but compare it to my first marriage. I was SO proud that I married the most handsome man in South Salt Lake. Look what it got me! I am SO proud of you both!!!!!
I could not have hand picked a better husband for you. He is one of a kind! He really is amazing! I am SO glad you Robby! If every guy was more like him, the world would be a whole lot better!
oops...I am SO glad you MARRIED Robby! (I left "married" out of there.
he is a great guy! you are VERY lucky!
Robby definitely sounds like a fantastic blessing in your life! My husband is a keeper too-- I don't know what I did to deserve such a blessing (if anything) but I am daily grateful for it!
Post a Comment