For the past 10 weeks I have had contractions off and on. They don't come every day, but probably 4 days a week.
They don't worry me because my doc hasn't been worried because they haven't caused me to dilate, and because after about an hour sometimes 2 they stop.
They usually happen after I work out go for walks. So when I get them I just rest and drink water and they will go away.
Last night I started getting contractions. I wasn't doing anything active, so it was a little odd. I figured they would go away in an hour or so.
I relaxed drank lots of water. After having them for 2 1/2 hours every 3-5 min, I decided to call the doc. She told me that if they didn't go away soon then I should go to hospital to be checked. They didn't want me to dilate or go into labor quite yet. for another 2-3 weeks.
So an hour after I talked to the doctor I went to the hospital for them to check me.
My loving brother Dallin and his wife Grisel came with me. (they were at my house, and said they wanted to come.)
I thought I would be there for about an hour. I thought they would check me, give me a shot and send me home.
They did check me and I wasn't dilated. I have barely changed at all. Iam only 50% effaced. (its a good thing though)
But they wanted to stop my contractions so they gave me a shot. they didn't stop, so they gave me a 2nd shot and they still didn't stop. They gave me a 3rd shot along with a pill and they finally stopped.
I hate getting the shot and taking the meds. They make me feel so weird. I was dizzy,lightheaded, shaking and jittery. Luckily my bro came with, so he could drive me home. I couldn't sleep at all last night with my jittery-ness and racing heart. I felt horrible.
luckily I have only 2 more weeks and they won't try to stop my contractions. After 36 weeks they let you contract all you want.
August on the Way Out
3 weeks ago
6 comments:
Yeah those shots and pill suck cause the way they make your body feels....with Marissa I was getting them everyday for like 2 weeks...in the hospital. I hope u get some rest.
I hope he comes in a few weeks. I am so excited for him to be here.
Glad you survived the shots-- with Brie I had to take the terb. as a pill every 4 hours and I finally called my doc and pleaded with him to let me quit. They didn't help much and they made my heart race so bad I couldn't get any rest. Yuck.
Hooray that you only have to make it 2 more weeks and then if he comes, he comes!
that's good that you're better now. You'd think since he's measuring more that they'll let you go early... unless you don't want to. What would you do if he came on Abbey's birthday?!?!? I hope he comes soon! and i hope you're doing better!
Heidi- I took those pills 10 weeks ago, when contractions started. I hated them. My heart was constiantly racing and I couldn't sleep and I would wake up in a panic attacks. So I stopped taking them.
Now they want me to take them every 6 hours. I tried talking to the doctor so I didn't have to take them, but they said I need to for another 2-3 weeks.
Lidsey K- They said even though the baby is big, his lungs havent' delveloped so they don't want him to come until 37 weeks or later. He is just chubby, not ready to come yet though.
Post a Comment