Today I had my weekly doctors appt. I had my NST and on the machine it was showing contractions. They weren't painful but they were coming in a pattern. When my doctor checked me I was almost 4 cm dilated.
My doctor looked at my charts and looked back to an ultra sound I had at 12 weeks. Back then they measured the baby and the due date they gave me according to the ultra sound was September 8th. My doctor said that those measurements for due date is more accurate then going by your missed period. So she said that I will actually be 39 weeks on Wednesday.
So because I keep having contractions, and I am dilated far enough, and will be 39 weeks on Wednesday, she said she wanted to induce me this Wednesday! She really doesn't have a reason to induce me, other then convenience. I said ok. But then walking to the car I wasn't sure if I wanted to be induced. My plan from the beginning was not to be induced unless, I was late or for some medical reason.
For hours Robby and I thought and talked it over and finally decided to be induced. Hard decision, but we decided that it would be so much easier to get a baby sitter for the kids with a days notice, instead at the last minute in the middle of the night. Also, I want my mom, and sisters with me, and it would be easier for them to get time off, and for Robby to get work under control and next week Abbey starts preschool, and I want her to go, and for me to take her. So even though it's not what I had planned, we think maybe it's best.
I am so nervous!!! I do plan on going natural with no pain meds. I hear that being induced makes it harder because the contractions are closer and stronger. (but I am not positive) But just going natural scares me to death. But I know it's something I want to do, and have to do. I am so nervous to have 3 kids. I feel like I am not ready, but will I ever be? probably not. Tomorrow will be a day of getting everything ready, cleaning, and hoping resting before the marathon.
A Little Lost
4 days ago
8 comments:
I sure wish you a fast and easy delivery!! I had my first son natural, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. But my 2nd (and ended up being my last) was 10lbs. 2 oz. and was an emergency C-Section!! Yikes... but you will do fine... and with your loving family with you, I'm sure everything will go smooth. I'll keep you in my prayers....
Good luck, Kaycee!! I was induced in a similar situation to you with Kyle-- I had already dilated to a 5 before they started the induction so it didn't take too long to get things moving all the way.
There's a good chance it will be harder to go natural. The pitocin brings on stronger contractions right away and you can't get out of bed (pitocin goes in by IV). But if it goes fast enough you may be fine. Just remember, either way a healthy baby is the goal, and you have nothing to feel guilty about if you opt for the pain meds.
Good luck my friend. It will be harder but just remember the advice and things I told u and u will do wonderful. It does stink a little because it does change the contractions but it doesn't change them so they are not tolerable. Have 3 kids is so fun and I know u will be fine. If you need anything please let me know.
You will do great. I have four kids and they were all natural. It will be a breeze especially since you are already dilated some. I walked alot the last couple of days and that seemed to help alot. Good Luck and I will be praying for a quick, easy and painless delivery. Can't wait to see the pics of this new one.
Good Luck! You'll do great and you'll be a wonderful mother of 3!!
So exciting I am so happy for you and your little family!!
Go hiking! Ha! Walking a lot will help get you further along. Have Robby watch the kids and go walking with a friend. I would say me, but I'm too far away, unless you want to walk to Cleveland!! Ha! you would probably have your baby in Park City if you did that! Good Luck! You will do great! If you don't try it, you will never know how Natural feels, but again, A healthy baby is the best! I will be thinking of you tomorrow! Keep me updated by text! Love you!
Good luck! You will do great! I did a pitocin birth with no epidural. It's possible. You can do anything you put your mind to. But like others said, don't feel guilty if you decide to get pain meds. Just so long as it's your decision and you feel like you had a good experience. Can't wait to see pics of your baby!
Post a Comment