Monday, August 16, 2010

36 weeks and some pictures

most every one already knows. for the past 12 weeks I have had some random contractions.

But the past 4 weeks it seems they have slowly come more frequent.

I only took my Terbutalin (sp) (meds to stop contractions) only when I had contractions. My contractions weren't changing my cervix.

But then last Wednesday night I had stronger contractions, they were more painful then they had been in the past. They went away a couple hours after taking my meds.
The next morning I woke with lots of pressure and contractions. So I went to the doctors and they checked me and I had dilated to a 2. they said those contractions were dilating me.

My doctor doesn't want me to have the baby until at least 38 weeks. I know most people think, and have been telling me that it would be ok to have the baby now. Yes it would probably be ok. But my doctor and my self know that keeping the baby in as close to my due date is best for the baby.

She says that it takes longer for boy babies lungs to develop. Plus any ones due dates can be off by 2 weeks in either direction. So actually you aren't considered late until after 42 weeks.
so to be close to 40 weeks as possible is best.

I have been on bed rest since last Thursday. I haven't been too good at it. It's hard with little kids who still depend on me so much. Plus I have hard time seeing my house get messy, see my laundry pile up, and know I have a long to do list that needs to get done.

But I only have a week left on bed rest, and she wants to make sure I stick to it, and take my meds around the clock.

Next week, I can stop taking my meds and be off bed rest. But I still can't work out until I am 38 weeks.

Other then that every thing is going great! The baby is measuring right on, he sounds good, GD is under control, I have lost more weight and now have only gained 2 pounds this pregnancy! yay!

Last night Robby drew this picture on my big belly. Then he traced the kids hands.



It took Jaden awhile to get brave enough to touch my belly that was moving all over the place. But he finally did.






We told Abbey to kiss my belly, but instead it looks like she is trying to eat it.




Abbey set up a tea party. she got her fake food, and set her animals around the table













a close up of our dinner party







Just a random picture of Jaden.








10 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

just so you know i wasn't saying that it would be good if you had the baby now... i was only saying that if he came now, at least he would be this far along. i'm all for babies not coming until they are term.

Ashlie Dalton said...

oh, and cute pictures. :)

Lindsey Hemara said...

HAHA I love that drawing on ur belly. lol and you in that black dress is so pretty. Abbey is sooo cute with her tea party. lol I loved the pictures!

Heidi said...

That belly pic is so cute!!

Hang in there with the resting. I know it is so hard, but of course, it's best for the kids when they stay in longer. Of course, when they want to come, they come though :-) Seeing as I had mine at 36, 37, 39 & 40 weeks and they were all just fine, I suspect that whenever little B decides to make his appearance, he'll be OK.

Margarita Beltran said...

Ur pics are so cute...u look so beautiful in that black dress...the kids are so big.

Jamie said...

So sorry about all the contractions and the bed rest! That does not sound fun. On the bright side, everyone above is totally right---you look fantastic! I love that black dress.

Unknown said...

I mean it SINCERELY when I say you are by far one of the most beautiful pregnant ladies I have ever seen. Seriously. So beautiful.

I love so much that Robby traced the kids' hands. What a good man you have. That's a pretty dang romantic gesture.

Oh, and I agree with you that every day you hold Baby Brigham in, the better for him. So please do try to relax as much as possible. Lots of deep breathing and meditation... you know the drill. (Though I know that's easier said than done with two precocious little tots at home!)

Audrey said...

You look good, Kaycee, I like the pics. :)

Krystal said...

I love the preggo belly pics, especially of Abbey kissing your belly. So sweet! :) Good luck with the bed rest and hang in there. It won't be too much longer now!

Missy said...

You are looking fabulous! Now that you're off bed rest I'm sure we'll be seeing a baby announcement soon. Good luck with your birth!