Friday, January 22, 2010

T- begins with Tonsils, Tourcher and Tired

Abbey went in 11 days ago to get her tonsils, and adenoids taken out, plus that piece of skin you see there, that connects her lip to her gums. Hers went to far down, in between her teeth. That is why she has a gap in her teeth.
Abbey had huge Tonsils. As you can see in this picture, they just about touch in the middle. Not only that, but I guess she had huge adenoids. The doctors think, that is why she gets sick so often, because of large Tonsils and adenoids. Plus she had sleep apnea. So it was best to take them out.




Monday morning we got right out of bed and went to the hospital for surgery. This is Abbey waiting in the play area.



Robby and Abbey. Abbey woke up in such a good happy mood. Not knowing what was to come. (poor girl)




Mom and Abbey











After they gave her a quick exam, the doctor pulls her in the wagon to the operating room. This was the sad part. Abbey was trying to be so brave as we had to say good bye to her at this point as she goes with the doctor alone the rest of the way. She tried so hard not to cry, but she had tears in her eyes and her pudgy lip was all out.







Abbey zonked out in the car ride home.







The holes where the Tonsils were. They look so grose!


The doctor said this was going to be a long hard healing process and that it was really painful. Boy was he right! This has been the longest 11 days ever! Abbey wouldn't drink anything. She wouldn't even take Popsicles. Nothing. We had to force her to take her medicine, and to drink. It was a fight, sometimes we had to hold her down and force her. It was awful! She wasn't her happy self. She threw so many tantrums and kept yelling "I am so angry!" I felt so bad for her. Sometimes she was so uncontrollable! She wouldn't take naps and hardly slept at night. She was up most the night in complete pain. Then hear ears started hurting her. She was in so much pain with her ears. They still hurt. So for the first 9 days, all I did all day was hold her and try to get her to drink and take her meds. It hasn't been fun. She still doesn't' feel good, but I can tell it has gotten better. yay! But I think we will see a big difference when it's all healed. Well, I least I hope.







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Abbey! My favorite picture has GOT to be with Robby, holy craps of cuteness! And that DOES look gross!
I can only imagine how terrible that's been. I'm glad she is feeling better though!

Balser said...

Poor thing! That sounds like a great combo of no sleep, grouchy kid and morning sickness! Delightful! Glad it's over though!

by: Kim said...

She should be feeling better soon. Two of my kids have had that done and it take a while but it is worth it.

Lindsey Hemara said...

OH ABBEY DEAR!! You look sooo cute and happy before hand and so cute in those clothes and in that wagon. And had no idea of the bumpy raod a head. I sorry my love. You are sooo cute in ur car seat all zonks out with those cute glasses.

Shannon said...

Poor Abbey! And poor you! I am glad that she is feeling better- hopefully she will be at 100% soon!

Heidi said...

Poor little Abbey!! I hope she is feeling back to normal soon. It's so awful to have to wade through the healing process (for everyone!)

Ashlie Dalton said...

the picture of her throat afterward is soooo scary! i hope she heals 100% asap! poor girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh, KC, I had no idea you all were going thru that. How sad. I'll bet you're all totally exhausted. And poor little Jaden too. Probably had to be neglected so Abbey could get some relief. I wish I could help some way. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

It has been crazy. It has gotten better, Now we just got to get her to sleep in her own room again.

Krystal said...

Poor girl! And poor Mommy too! She is so sweet and cute. I hope that she is feeling all the way better soon.