Monday, January 11, 2010

excited for baby #3!

I tried to find a blog background to tell every one we were expecting a baby. This was the only one I could find. I don't like the "Finally" part on the background. . It isn't like we had been trying forever. But oh well. That would have been good for Abbey. 5 yrs for her. 3 months for Jaden, and 5 Months to get pregnant with this one.

I am so excited to have another baby!!! I was thinking that it would get less exciting with every child, but I am just as excited!

I am nervous though, and not excited for the sickness that comes with it. It actually started early this time around. I started to feel sick before I found out I was pregnant. That is what I am dreading most. 4 months of pure nausea! Then there is the baby blues, which I get real bad, and the no sleep for months, and months. But other than that, I am so excited!!!

On December 31st I went to the hospital to get a free pregnancy test. It was early, but I thought, hey it might show up. I just want to see if maybe I could be pregnant. It came back Negative. But I thought well, I still could be, it was just too early.

My periods aren't right on time. They don't come every 28 or 30 days. They come any where between 27-38 days. I didn't want to wait 2 more weeks to find out, So 5 days later I went back to the hospital to get a test again. (I still wasn't late, since I could have my period out to 38 days) But I wanted to check again because I had a feeling I was pregnant. I had signs. But it came back negative again. I told my self, ok I am not pregnant. just get over it.
I still felt as if I was pregnant. My symptoms were and are: I would get period cramps, but no period, I would get zits, but no period , nauseated, and my temperature is normally in the high 97, low 98's. and I kept track of my temp for a week and my temp had been higher then normal. (when your pregnant, your temperature is raised some) So I just knew I had to be pregnant. So Thursday I went to all a dollar and bought 2 pregnancy test. I took it home and used one. It again came back negative. I was bummed. I took the next one Friday morning and again negative.

Robby said "Kaycee, just stop! you are not pregnant.." So I said, "ok, I am done checking. After 4 test I should just realize I am not."

So the next day we went to dinner in Salt Lake and after dinner I said to Robby; "can I go to the hospital and check one more time. Just one more time?" He said "No, you have checked so many times." I said " I know, but maybe the hormones took longer to show up because if my periods aren't regular, then maybe I ovulated later then the norm and so it hasn't shown up yet." He said "fine, ok but this is the last time for sure!"
So back up I went to the hospital to get it checked................But this time it came back positive!!

It took 5 months to get pregnant. 5 test to get a positive and I am 5 weeks along.

So after I left the hospital I went to the store and bought a digital test and took in again, just to make sure.

My due date is September 12th.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the number 5 is a big one. Wow! 5 months, 5 tests, 5 weeks!

I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad when I found out. LIke I said, I'm betting early - GIRL!!

Jamie said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Heidi said...

Hooray for fifth time's a charm!

Springer Family said...

Ya if 5 is your lucky # maybe you will have triplets to total 5 kids :) ha ha. Congrats, that is really exciting.

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations Kasey! Very Exciting!!

Heather said...

Oh how exciting!!! Congrats!!!!

Balser said...

Yay! Congrats! That's so exciting! I am glad you are so happy! So excited to see the next cutie!

Audrey said...

That's awesome, I guess it's easier to know when something has changed your 3rd time around, you'r practically a professional now. :-D

linnylou said...

fun story, i'm glad you ignored robby and went with your instincts

linnylou said...

fun story, i'm glad you ignored robby and went with your instincts

by: Kim said...

Congrats. September is an awesome month.

Shannon said...

YAY!! So happy for you!

Mrs. Langeland said...

I love it! What a fun story! Congratulations!!

Krystal said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting for you guys. So when are you due then?