
and or Salesmen

My cousin Ashlie called me tonight, and asked if Robby would go over to her house to take a look around her house. (Ashlie just lives a couple blocks from me) She said that she was cooking dinner and looked over and saw a man looking in her dinning room window. When she looked at him, he took off running. (So scary) She said he had a brown or tan hoodie and his hood was on.
Robby went and looked and sure enough there was foot prints in the fresh snow heading to her dinning room window and foot the foot prints leaving the window were further apart, as if they were running.
Robby then heads off to the gym and I am home with the kids. 15 min after Ashlie's incident I had a knock at my door. (Oh by the way this is around 6 or 6:30, so it's dark out). I go to my door and look out my peep hole. There is a man in a black sweat shirt and a black beanie. I wasn't about to open my door to any one I don't know. But the man can hear my kids in the house, and Abbey saying "mom who is at the door"
So I decided to call through the door and say
" I can't open my door right, now you need to leave."
The man says "why"?
I say "It doesn't matter why, I said leave"
Then he laughs and says "I just want to clean your carpets"
I say "No, you can leave"!
He says " oh my gosh, why? I am just a sales man".
I am getting nervous and mad
and so I say "you leave now, or I will get my gun" (yes I do have a gun)
He says " are you serious"? while he chuckles
I say "Yes, I am serious! you leave now, or I will get my gun".
Then he yells "What ever, ok see ya! " and walks off.
I was nervous thinking he could be some crazy person trying to get into my house. But he could be a sales person who won't take no for an answer. But either way he was crazy and scary.
I decided to call the North Salt Lake police to report them. I wanted the police to look around and make sure they were really sales men, and if they were to talk to them, and let them know that if some one says "leave", that means leave.
So, about 20 min later the police come to my house and said they found the sales men and they are Kerby sales men. The cop did talk to the manger and gave me their business card, so I could call and complain.
They also went to Ashlie's house and the man looking in her window I guess was a Kerby's sales man too! Ashlie asked the cop why the man looked in her window instead of knocking at her door. We don't know why, but creepy.
So tomorrow I plan to making a phone call to the company and hope that they get introuble or something!
9 comments:
I love that we live close enough to watch out for each other.
Obviously that guy was up to no good or he would have knocked on my door rather than look through my window (a window that's no where near my front door). Those guys should be fired.
Scary!!!!! What on earth!!! Yes, definitely call and complain. That kind of behavior is just too scary to be tolerated.
Holy Cow! It must be a new trend. I've lived here for 15 years and never had any problems like that until a few weeks ago when that guy came onto my front porch to help himself to whatever he could find. Since then, I've noticed several things missing, like my snow shovel, the tomatoes out of my garden (last Oct.) etc. What's it coming to?
oh grams! yours was crazy! I can't believe you have all those things missing.
That is really creepy! Seriously leave when you are asked to leave. I am glad you called the police and that you are going to complain. We actually had one come on New Years Day I believe or maybe New Years Eve either way it's a holiday don't even bother.
AH! That really is creepy. I am so paranoid about stuff like that. I just never answer my door unless somone calls first. It's just too scary nowadays.
that's crazy! i'm glad you and ashlie are ok! that is just stupid! they might be sales men, but that doesn't mean their intentions were good! glad you didn't open the door... i probably would have not thinking!
Oh my gosh! I would have loved to hear you say that! I dont know why but it's funny thinking of you talking to the guy like that.
I'm glad they were just salesmen in the end but WHY the heck would they be peaking through a window?!?!? Holy cow.
People are stupid. If you are asked to leave you should do so. No questions asked. For them him to stay and keep asking why and laugh about it is stupid. Good thing I wasn't home.
Post a Comment