Tuesday, October 13, 2009

International Buffet

I had an idea to have an International Buffet for Sunday dinner at my parents. Because our family is so International, I thought it would be fun to try all sorts of different foods. For those of you who don't know, My parents adopted my sister and Brother from Ethiopia. Etagegne (Tawni) came when she was 15, and My brother Amanual (Amanee) Came when he was 6. My sister Lindsey Married Hemi who is from New Zealand. He is Mauri, and Samoan. My brother Dallin Married Grisel who is Bolivian. Both Grisel and Hemi came from their countries to marry my brother and sister.
So for the Buffet my Parents made Fish sticks, cole slaw, and English Muffins because their ancestors came from England.
My sister Tawni made a potato, carrot and pepper Ethiopian dish.
Robby and I made Irish Fadge (potato bread) because Robby's ancestors are from Ireland. We also made Native American Fry bread because Robby Native American ancestors too. ( I know that is not International, but it was different)
My brother Spencer and his wife Lindsey made a German dish with Pork and Apples. Lindsey's family is German.
Lindsey and Hemi made a Pumpkin soup. Something they eat a lot of in New Zealand.
My brother Dallin and Grisel made a Peanut soup. A dish from Bolivia.
It was fun, and interesting.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun!!! And yummy too! (I love fry bread. When we lived in Sanders I would get to eat lots of it every time we had a break the fast in our branch. I miss that!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, sure sounds like fun! You can really come up with some neat ideas, KC. Sounds like it was all wonderful and everyone chipped in.

The Viewer said...

Oh i love that! I want to do that :) I just may copy you, i hope you don't mind ;)