Saturday, April 25, 2009

What to do?

My weekend has been, well not the best. For some reason lately I have been depressed and stressed. I guess with all the stress of moving, and having sick kids is getting to me.Oh and the Major one is I am sleep deprived!!! like way bad!!
We still haven't unpacked completely. I have been trying REALLY HARD to keep my house as Clean as a whistle. One because it makes me in a better mood, 2 so I am not embarrassed if any one where to come over, and 3 so I can keep my kids from getting sick. But I don't think it has helped, because Jaden is sick again!!! Thursday I told Lindsey and Tawni "well Jaden has gone 6 days without getting sick!" well I jinxed my self.
I have sanitized my house to the core! Every single toy, and nook and cranny of my house.
So anyway Jaden has been so impossible lately. for the past month I guess. He cries ALL the time! I will be getting ready for the day, cleaning or cooking and he follows me around whining and fussing, and holding onto my leg as I walk. It wears me out. He wants me to hold him 24/7! Even if I am holding him, doesn't mean he will stop crying. On top of it, he doesn't know what sleep is. SERIOUSLY! At this age a baby should take two, 2 hour naps, plus sleep 10-12 hours a night. Well I am lucky if Jaden sleeps a total of 1 hour a day. It's like 10 min here, and 20 min there. Then he sleeps like 5-6 hours a night. It's crazy!!! The only time he sleeps for like 30 min or more is if I am holding him, or laying next to him. I will put him in his crib to cry it out. So he can get use to sleeping on his own. He wont. He will stand in his crib for an hour strait or more and scream at the top of his lungs!!! It's horrible! We try to have him cry it out at night. But it keeps us up, so after awhile we give in and have him sleep with us. which isn't fun. I am on the edge of the bed with Jaden on my other side and I am holding on for dear life, one little move and off I go. It has been sooo hard! Then there is Abbey who is starting to be sassy, mean and likes to ignore me. So I am always taking her to time out and getting after her. It is really wearing on me. On top of it she is always "mom play with me." "mom read to me." "mom push me on the swing" Mom I want to eat." "MOm I want to watch Barney" It's hard because it's constant. Seriously, like every 5 min. I feel bad because with house work, and Jaden dragging on my ankle, I can't play with her like she wants.
I just want to scream "SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!" Pull my hair out, run to my room, shut the door and cry!
So with me a frazzle and I am not such a nice happy person anymore. I have a husband who doesn't understand, and calls me Mrs negative, and says I am always grouchy to him and I am mean, then we get in arguments and there goes another stress. He says "other mom's can do it, why can't you." Do you know how that feels? It makes me feel like crap.
Right now, I am just over the top and don't know what to do with Jaden, and getting more sleep, I don't know what to do with my stress level and to bring it back down. I need help and suggestions.
Last night I wanted a nice quite night at home. I wanted to watch a movie with Robby. Well by the time we got the kids to bed, and Robby showered it was too late. We haven't had a nice or fun time together in a while.
Jaden went to bed last night at 11:30pm. After screaming bloody murder for over an hour!
Then Abbey woke up at 2ish, and cried and screamed for like an hour or more, which woke Jaden up. So then we had to get them back to sleep, and then Jaden woke up again at 3am and with his cough and stuffy nose he was up for 3 hours!! until 6am!!! I had to be up at 8, to take Abbey to a party. So I had 4 hours of sleep last night. That is a normal night for me. What should I do??
Sorry to vent, but I needed to, and I need suggestions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my poor Kaycee. Wish I had some good suggestions but they're not coming. What a dilemma. Just remember....this too shall pass. Big hugs from Gram.
P.S. We sure had a wonderful time at the cabin. Sure wish you guys could have made it.

Heidi said...

Oh, Kaycee, hang in there!!! I totally understand where you are coming from. Just remember that most of us other moms don't do any better than you are and that's OK. (Just tell Robby that if he thinks that other moms can "do it" better he needs to read some of our blogs.)

My suggestion is going to be really hard, and I know, because I'm not good at it either. Is there anyone you could trade babysitting with so you can take a nap? The sleep deprivation thing is probably the thing that is making this the hardest. Then, if you can find someone to watch the kids for an hour or two-- TAKE THE NAP-- don't use the time to catch up on chores or something like that. That way you'll have more energy to deal with everything else.

Take care of yourself, and feel free to vent all you need to! I wish I was closer so I could help out.

Mrs. Langeland said...

Kaycee,
I know just how you feel! You need time to yourself to do whatever you want to do. I will be out of town until May 10th, but after that drop the kids at my house and spend some time alone. I know my kids would love the company, and it is the least I can do.

Hang in there, this too shall pass!
-Joy

Anonymous said...

Being a mom is so hard and it definitely is NOT easy! Everyone loses their cool, it doesnt mean your any less of a mother or person, it just shows that you're normal. There is not one parent that is always perfect at what they do or never bothered by something.

Robby is just a total laid back peacey guy and most men don't really understand the concept of women OR their thoughts/feelings. I dont think he's meaning to say it in a negative way, maybe he just doesn't know what to say period.. or just doesn't understand how stressful it is for you. A LOT of men don't understand what it's like to be a stay at home mom. Hang in there and I hope your dinner out with Robby helped some!
Love ya!!!