Friday, April 3, 2009

Rob's bad day, and Abbey comforting him

I have a funny story, or a cute story about Abbey. She is so grown up and such a cutie, tender hearted person.
So let me back up and tell you what happened to lead up to my story.
Yesterday Robby had a really bad day. First of all our car is in the shop, and it's going to cost $1,000.00 to fix our car. Then he was out on a delivery in his big work truck and rear ended a lady. So he got a ticket, and I think our insurance will be going up now. So he called me and he wasn't happy sounding on the phone. Abbey could hear him talking. So after she said "what is wrong with dad?" I said "dad is having a rough day." Then like all little kids do, she starts asking why, and a million other "whys" so I ended up telling her the whole story. All about our car, to the accident. My dad, and a man named Todd is Robby's boss. So I told Abbey that Grandpa Bill and Todd would be mad at dad.
So now to my story....
Last night Robby was laying next to Abbey in her bed. This is how the conversation went.
Abbey: you sad daddy?
Robby: yes.
Abbey: You had a rough day?
Robby:yeah I did have a rough day.
Abbey: you crashed the truck.
Robby: yep, I did.
Abbey: you broke a ladies car?
Robby: yep I did.
Abbey: Papa Bill and Todd will be really mad at you?
Robby: yeah I think they will.
Abbey: our car is broke and it will be lots and lots of money, huh dad?
Robby: yeah it will.
Abbey: I am sorry dad. you have a rough day!
Robby: Thanks honey, it's ok.
Abbey: I am having a rough day too.
Robby: why?
Abbey: Because I don't have chalk, a swing set, slide or ladder!
Robby: don't worry we will get you a swing set, and slide. we will get you chalk too.
Abbey: It's ok daddy. I don't need it right now, you are having a rough day.
I couldn't believe how caring and grown up she sounded! It was so dang cute!!!!
I made a post down below, just before this one if you want to check it out.

6 comments:

The Viewer said...

How cute. She's trying to empathise with him.

Kaycee said...

She was, it was so cute! she says the dangest cutest things!

Audrey said...

What a cute little muffin head! She's is so smart and sweet, I just wanna squish her!

Shannon said...

What a sweetie!! I love it.

Anonymous said...

She is so cuteeeeeee!!!!

Heidi said...

That goodness for sweet little kids to cheer you up when you're having a bad day!