Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jaden's hosptial visit.

The story with Jaden
So Let me back up. Jaden had been sick for 3 weeks with cough/cold. Then Sunday afternoon he got a high fever of 103.7. He seemed so sick and medicine didn't bring the fever down. Nothing we did brought the fever down. But I wasn't going to take him to the doctor. I wanted to have his body fight what ever it was off, on it's own. So for 30 hours he continued to have a high fever that wouldn't break It climbed to 104. He was so miserable and very lethargic. he slepted most of the day, and when he was awake he was in a daze and just whined. I felt so bad for him. It was sad. But I felt I always took him in when he was sick and I was going to wait it out. But then while I was feeding him, his skin turned purplish grey. I got worried and took him to instacare in Bountiful. His fever was up to 105, They gave him motrin and it would go down. They took chest x rays and then the doctor came back into the room and said." you have a very sick boy, he has pneumonia in his left lung and he needs to go strait to Primary childrens hospital right away."
I was a mess and so worried. I grabbed a few things, plus Robby and Abbey and went strait to the hospital. The hospital was jammed packed with people! It was crazy! It took us 2 hours before we saw the doctor! But in the meanwhile the nurses kept an eye on Jaden and kept taking his vitals and temp. They were concerned that his temp was so high and nothing was bringing it down. They gave him more medicine and after a while it dropped to 103. We finally saw the doctor and she said he looked dehydrated so they hooked a IV up to him to pump fluids. (he slept through the whole IV and blood draw. He opened his eyes for a second and whimpered and fell back to sleep) they did lots of different test for possible things and they did another xray. Oh let me back up. My parents came all the way up to the hospital to give Jaden a blessing! We were very thankful that they would come all the way out to do that. In the blessing it said he would be ok, and get better and his fever would drop.
So any way. When they retook the x rays. They looked good. He didn't have pneumonia. They said it looks like he has some kind of virus. With viruses they can't do any thing for him, it will go away on it''s own. That was great news!!! I am so thankful that he didn't have pneumonia. Some people may think that the doctor before got it all wrong and he didn't know what he was talking about. That may be the case. But it could have changed because of Jaden's blessing and our prayers. That is what I think.
So at 1:00 am we finally got home. Jaden is still sick with a fever, but I think after they did his IV and hydrated him it helped allot! his fever is down allot!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so glad Jaden is getting better and that you were able to have a priesthood blessing for him.

What a week you are having, just when you are trying to move! Hang in there!!!!

Natalie said...

Oh how scary! I'm so glad he's ok and coming home ad so glad he got a blessing. Let us know if you need anything!!

Kaycee said...

Thanks you guys!

Shannon said...

Kaycee that is so scary!! I am so glad that he is ok! Let me know if you need anything at all- what is it with this season?! My kids just can't seem to shake it either!