Today is my due date! The long awaited day. I know the due date is just an estimated date, and doesn't mean the baby will come that day, but it's just the day everyone counts down to.
I am so excited to meet little Eliza! waiting to go into labor and meet your new baby, has to be the most exciting waiting game ever!
I know most mom's are in a rush to get the baby out! They can't wait until the doctor gives the ok to be induced, and they take the first available day to be induced.
I am not that way. especially this time around. This is going to be our last, and I want to enjoy this pregnancy to the fullest and know it will be over before I know it. I don't understand the rush. what's an extra week or 2? I will never have this experience again, so I am just enjoying the time.
I also know that inducing isn't the best thing for mom and baby (despite what doctors say)
Don't get me wrong, I am just as excited as the next mom. I think a spontaneous birth is way more exciting then a planned one, so to me this is exciting wondering and waiting for the big day!
Because I have GD, my doctor says there are risks, going to far over your due date. I don't know much on that subject, so I am following my doctors advice.would rather be on the safe side. I am just glad she is giving me a week past my due date.
although I wish I didn't have a "time table" to have this baby go on it's own, I do. I have 6 days. July 6th, when I have to be induced.
I am kinda bummed because I've had high hopes on a spontaneous birth, and not sure if it's going to happen.
But on the other hand it's exciting to know in 6 days or less, I will be holding Eliza!
Both Robby and I getting nervous (not sure if that is the right word, but I can't think of the right word) to have 4 little kids! 4 under 6 yrs!! the sleepless nights, and the adjustment that you have when you bring a new baby into the family. It always takes me a while to get adjusted and in a new routine. I worry about how Brigham will handle it and if he will be jealous.
I have all these worries. I am a bundle of emotions.
After all my pregnancies, I've suffered with postpartum depression. I am not looking forward to that, and I know it's coming. I am already feeling a bit of it now. feeling blue knowing this is my last and already feeling overwhelmed thinking about how hard it will be with a baby.
Luckily for me Robby is a HUGE help to me, couldn't ask for a better husband or dad. He helps me out so much. I also have a daughter who helps me out tremendously! So I am in good hands.
I am a total believer in "nesting" I have been "nesting" and getting as prepared as possible with house work, laundry, and other things that need to be done before baby arrives. We have a huge to do list, and it won't all be done, but a lot will.
I have a birth plan, 2 great Doula's and a husband that will help me stick to the plan. (I know, things don't always go as planned, but hopefully things will)
I am hoping my mom, sisters and sister in laws all can make it to the birth. (and who ever else wants to. It's always a party in my birth room. That's the way Robby and I like it)
Abbey is also planning to attend, and that makes me excited. I have totally prepared her with everything. she knows what to expect and knows a lot about the whole birth process. I think she will like it. She wants to help cut the cord.
Well there is my novel on all my thoughts going through my head.
Next time I do a post, I will be writing my experience!! woo hoo!!
A Little Lost
4 days ago
6 comments:
She will be here before you know it so I think its good you are not rushing it and taking the time to enjoy the last few days getting things done, resting, and spending time with your 3 older kids.
I love the background of your blog by the way.
Good luck, and I can't wait to hear how it goes!!
So excited for you!!! Praying for a safe and spontaneous birth! :-)
Keeping my fingers crossed for spontaneous labor for you! A lot can happen in 6 days!
I really enjoyed all your "thoughts". A great insightful blog. You will love looking back on it in years to come. I don't think I'll make it to Eliza's birth. Problems won't allow it, I'm sure, but I will be praying for you both. Hugs.
can't wait!!!
Post a Comment