Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Wyatt Update

Robby and I are trying to adjust to 3 kids.
It hasn't been too hard.
I have had my bad days, (some really bad, hard days) but mostly good days.
I think what makes it so hard to adjust is the lack of sleep. If we could get sleep, it would help a ton!
Brigham has really bad acid reflux, so if he lays down, he wakes up gaging, choking or is miserable because it burns. So he cries a lot.
He won't, or can't sleep in his crib laying down. We have tried putting a wedge in his crib, but he ends up sliding down, so that doesn't help. I've thought of having him sleep in his swing or car seat because it slants, but his head usually falls over. So all we can do is hold him all night while he sleeps. Robby does most of the holding because he sleeps better then I do, reclined on the couch. I get up to feed him, and have slept with him too.
We have Brigham taking prevacid and Mylanta. I think they help a little, but not too much. I feel bad for him. When he cries, you can tell he hurts. He eats a lot because it sooths him. That is bad for me, because I spend most of my days on the couch feeding him, or trying to comfort him. Because of his constant feeding and comforting, I have very little time for house work, or time for Abbey and Jaden. That part is hard. I feel bad for them, and a messy house makes me in a bad mood. So that is hard. But I know things will get easier and better in a few months.
I love Brigham, he really is a good little baby, he is so cute and reminds me of a little frog.
He looks different then Abbey and Jaden.
I can't wait to see what he looks like in a few months and see his little personality.
On October 1st he turned 1 month old. He now weighs as much as Abbey did at birth. 9 and a half pounds.
Both kids are really good with him.
Jaden has handled a new baby really well. He only gets jealous here and there.
Abbey the other day(on one of my few REAL bad days) took Brigham out of his swing (while I was in the shower) and dropped him on our hard floor. That freaked me out, but luckily he is ok.
Jaden is seeming like a big boy these days.
He is trying to talk more, and put words together.
He knows his colors now.
I try to teach him numbers and letters, but he shows no interest in learning them.
He likes sitting on his potty, but not interested in actually using it. But all will come in time.
He LOVES gymnastics and he is doing really well at it. He has come a long way and has learned to listen well and follow directions.
Abbey is still in dance. I think she likes gymnastics more and does better at it, but for some reason wants to continue doing dance.
She has 2 Halloween dance performances coming up.
She also goes to preschool two days a week for 2 hours a day. she really likes it.
People always talk about the terrible 2's, but I really didn't have terrible 2's with Abbey, but I sure have the terrible 4's with her. Holy cow! she has such a bad attitude these days with tantrums, baby talk, sassing, and even some lying. It makes me sad that such a sweet girl has become so hard these days.

p.s. the breast feeding has become much easier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the breast feeding is working out better but the acid reflux sounds terrible. Could it possibly caused by anything you're eating, KC? I'm sure the doc would question that tho. I think the kid's reactions are normal as far as Brigham goes. A little jealousy is expected, especially as you don't have as much time for them. I hope things soon work out with Brigham so you can both get some much deserved rest. Thanks for the update, hon. My heart is with you.

Heidi said...

My kids all slept in the swing. We got one of those little neck donuts or used rolled up blankets to keep their heads from completely sliding down (just like we had to do in their car seats). It was the only way I survived. I think you're right, adjusting to three kids isn't so bad except for the lack of rest part. Just make sure you get help for the really bad days if at all possible!

Good to hear how everyone is doing also!!

Missy said...

Glad the breastfeeding is going better! I had a much harder time adjusting to three kids than I did getting used to two. It's just harder! But it gets easier and easier and pretty soon you realize you're doing pretty well again!