Today I had fallen asleep on the couch. When I woke up I found the living room to be a mess with all the kids toys, books, and crayons. (and Jaden eating crayons) I told Abbey she needed to clean up the living room. She refused, so I put her in time out. She cried and screamed. She said:
Abbey said: "you are ridiculous"!!! "you make me so mad, and make me have bad feelings"!
I said: "I don't care Abbey, you need to learn to clean up your toys when you make a mess."
Abbey said: "you can't get mad at me, I am just a little girl. I just was born from heaven 3 weeks ago."
I said: "you were born 3 yrs ago"
Abbey said: "I know it was 3 yrs ago. I am just little"
I said: "Abbey, you can stay in time out until you decide you want to clean."
Abbey said: "I wish my dad was here, he is a genius!"
I said: (trying not to laugh the whole time) "why is dad a genius?"
Abbey said: "Dad's a genius, because he helps every one, and you just broke my heart!"
hahaha! I was laughing so hard inside but trying to be stern on the out side!!!
So later today I gave Abbey some broccoli. uncooked raw broccoli. She ate it and said "This broccoli is scratchy but delicious!" Living with Abbey, she has you constantly lauging all the time. She says such big words for a 3 yr old.
A few weeks ago, we were coming back from the gym.
we passed a McDonalds.
Abbey: "I have a great idea!"
Robby: "what?"
Abbey: "we go to McDonalds, eat chicken nuggets, icecream and play."
Robby: "well it's too late right now, another day."
So we get home and have our nightly family prayer. Abbey wants to say it. This is what she said.
Abbey's prayer: "Heavenly father please help my dad to say yes to go to McDonalds to eat chicken nuggets, ice cream and play, and that he will think it was a good idea. Amen!"
Another story, Abbey was being grumpy. I said :"Abbey you are pretty."
Abbey: "Don't talk to me."
Me: "hey! be nice to me, I am being nice to you and telling you that you are pretty."
Abbey: "I know I am pretty, so don't talk to me.
One more story.. The kids were at the table eating dinner. I was sitting with them. I started singing the song 'babies got blue eyes' (or what ever it's called) I sang it a couple of times at the table.
Abbey: "don't sing that song any more"
Me: I got a pudge lip frowny face and said "oh why? you don't like the song?"
Abbey: "That is a beautiful song, but you sing it weird."
so I picked a good song, I just can't sing, I guess. hahaha!
A Little Lost
4 days ago
8 comments:
OMG!!! My hilarious laugh for the day. I'd read about the McDonald's one after Robby posted it on FB. That girl is something else...totally. ha ha ha I would split a gut living around her. Thanks for that good laugh.
cute little girl you have there!
Thanks so much for the laugh!!! I love the funny things kids say-- I wish I had written more of them down myself.
she is the cutest thing ever! she is grown up!
love that little girl
Ha ha! What an amusing little girl you have. She's got such big a vocabulary for her age.
That was a great laugh for the night. She is so funny and I can't believe she is 3 and will be 4 this year. Time flys.
She cracks me up with the stories you tell! :) She is so smart and does know lots of big words.
Oh wow. That was stinking funny!!! I think I just peed my pants a little bit.
Post a Comment