Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's worth it.

Why do they call Morning sickness, Morning sickness? I guess for some lucky ladies, it's only in the Morning. But for many of us, it's ALL day sickness! 
from the time I wake up, to the time I fall asleep, I am so nauseated! But not only that, But then comes the fatigue! If only I could sleep all day.
 The smells! Oh all the awful smells that you never knew existed when you weren't pregnant. Don't want to open the fridge because the smells come blasting at you at all directions!  Oh and do I really need to wash those dishes? yuck!!!
One day you are eating your favorite foods, and then pregnancy hits and even the thought of those foods, puts you over the edge with dry heaving! Even your favorite scent can be too much to handle.
trying to brush my teeth without throwing up is almost impossible.
Has anyone experienced the pregnancy excess saliva or the 9 month stuffy nose? yes there is such a thing, and yes, I know it all too well. Oh and don't forget the extra headaches, don't want to forget those.  Maybe another reason I am so tired is because I get up 3 times a night to pee. I have considered wearing depends.
Most moms start to feel better at around 12-14 weeks. wow, how nice would that be?  oh no, I get to be sick until my 22nd week in pregnancy.
So then the awful "morning sickness" ends and after that, anything else is bearable.  If I can endure all of that, I can now endure, the pinched nerves or sciatic pain that stops you in your tracks or leaves you in a bent position., pelvic, groin and back pain, low lung capacity,  the waddling, sleepless and uncomfortable nights, Charlie horses, acid reflux, and crazy Braxton Hicks, and other issues that we won't discuss.
Now the pregnancy has come to a end. Now it's time for Labor. Which enjoy. I truly enjoy it. But it's the after, the Post Partum that I don't like.  The sleep deprivation, the bleeding, the aches, the post partum depression, and getting use to more kids and a baby.

So why in the world do we do this? Why would I put myself through this 5 times? Because it's worth it! Kids, your kids are the best thing in this world. They bring so much joy. Not only that, But I know it's what I am suppose to do. I went into this willing, knowing darn well what I was in for. Some days I think "what was I thinking"?   But I know It's worth it.  I may complain now and then, as anyone does when they are miserable, and yes I am miserable right now. But I would not change this for the world.
What us mom's go through and do, to bring children into this world. Isn't wonderful!?

5 comments:

Lindsey Hemara said...

it is worth it!! good for you for being the mom who brings these chosen spirits to this world to show this world there is still good. we need more Kaycee's.

Kaycee said...

Linny you also brought 4 children into the world.

Heather said...

This is funny in a way because it reminded me of all the things I hated about being pregnant. HA HA HA! I think I selectively remember only the good parts. I think it's amazing that you're having another baby but amazing in a good way. Don't let anyone get you down.

Heidi said...

Hang in there, Kaycee!!

I must admit, though occasionally I am sad that my pregnancy stage is over, anytime I remember what morning sickness was like I thank my lucky stars that I don't have to go through it again :)

Anonymous said...

Great blog!!