We were all nestled in the car with everything that we could possibly bring to make the trip as smooth as possible. With 5 little kids, (my niece Rebekah came along in our car) I knew we needed to pack as much "fun" as possible. DVD player with a gazillion movies, books, coloring books, toys, and snacks.
Abbey asked "How many movies until we get to our hotel"? 8 movies!
Growing up, we traveled back to Michigan numerous times. we always drove. My first time flying back, was when I was 22-23. If my parents and grandparents could make the long trek with 6 kids, I surely could.
I love road trips! But I haven't been on a long road trip (longer than 8 hours) in 11 yrs. I was certain it would be a nightmare, and we would get half way to Michigan and wish we had never gone, because I was sure we would hear crying and fighting all the way.
It was exciting to enter Wyoming. It meant we were officially on our way! we had left Utah.
I love road trips because I love to see the scenery. I love to see what other states look like.
Unfortunately Wyoming wasn't one of those fun states to drive through. BORING!! most of the time it was flat, with not a single tree in sight. Nothing as far as the eye could see. Every now and then you might see a hill, or a tree. Every now and then you would come to a small town, with mobile homes, and a couple more trees. I thought once we got to Cheyenne, the capital of Wyoming, we surely would see civilization. Even Cheyenne was small and not too exciting. But one thing Wyoming did have a lot of, WIND! lots of strong wind, blow my car over to the next lane type of wind. Oh and lots of windmills.
Nebraska had to be a little more scenic, right? Nothing could be more boring then driving Interstate 80 in Wyoming.......
A Little Lost
4 days ago
2 comments:
It is pretty boring. When Gram Nell and I went to Mt Rushmore, we traveled a lot in WY. Further north off I-80 there are tons of antelope. WY is noted for them. It was interesting to see those. We found some adorable towns, too. Waiting for the next chapter in your trip book now.
I haven't ever driven through Wyoming but it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything!
Post a Comment