Friday, July 19, 2013

Nebraska welcomed us with open arms!

It was a relief to drive into Nebraska. It meant; one state closer to our destination, better scenery and at the end of the state, we would be to our hotel.
Right as you drive into Nebraska there is a Large white statue of what looks to be Christ. That is what it looked like, With Open arms, as if to say "Welcome to Nebraska"
Every few miles into Nebraska, it  got a bit prettier. It slowly became green, and slowly the tree's increased. One thing that I liked about Nebraska, was all the little ponds that that dotted Interstate 80. seriously, every couple miles there would be a pond. another thing I noticed,  Many of the billboards were Christian  advertisements about how to find Christ and they would have scriptures to look up. So when we would pass the sign, we would look up the scriptures.
I had no cell service in Wyoming, and wasn't able to use my map on my phone, so I bought a atlas.  I love to use the old fashioned atlas. It kept me occupied.
When we would drive back East as a child, my parents would always say "driving through Nebraska is liking reading the book of Alma, It's long".  It is a long state, But we got through pretty quickly and with out a hitch.  We arrived to our Hotel, finally! after 15 hours of driving. We got in late to Omaha Nebraska. Our hotel was in a ghetto, scary area, but it was a nice hotel with comfy beds. Our ankles were all swollen 3/4 the way through the first day of our trip. sitting so long in the same position and eating salty food. Poor Robby was pretty freaked out about that. He has never had anything swell.
We all fell asleep quickly, which was good, because we had another long drive ahead of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love traveling with you via your blog! Sure makes it fun for us too. Thanks!

Heidi said...

I've always wondered what Nebraska looks like...someday I'd like to get around to all the states!