Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Update on the Wyatt's

Robby:
*Is busy like always, he is always doing something.
*He has a fight (competition) coming up July 17th in Provo. This is will be his first fight in like 2 or so years. This is not a pro fight. Kinda too bad it's not a pro fight, but maybe a good thing, since he is kinda rusty and old.
*I am hopping that Robby will finish our floor (that we started 5 months ago) will get finished soon.

Me:
*I am 30 1/2 weeks along now! 10 weeks or less to go.
*I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I was put on a strict diet. But, I haven't been as strict as my doc wants me to be. If I only ate what she wants me to eat, I would eat the same food every day, and it would be so hard! I haven't got my meter yet, so I am not too sure how my blood sugar is going. I should get it today. Hopefully!
*I am a little nervous that this baby will get big! I mean, I already have big babies, I don't want them to get any bigger.
*The good news, being on this diet, I have lost 4 pounds in the past week and a half.

Abbey:
*Is 3 going on 14. She is getting this attitude, and reminds me of a teenager. She is still my little helper/mommy.
*She is still in dance and loves it! This Saturday she will be riding a float in the Farmington Parade. (for her dance class)
*She loves to color, draw, play with her babies and ride her bike.
*She is always singing and telling stories.
*Oh and she loves practicing her cartwheels, back bends, and hand stands.

Jaden:
*Is in his terrible 2's. He isn't so terrible. He is very rambunctious! I swear he has ADD. He is non stop, Go, Go, Go!
*He loves gymnastics!
*He loves cars, trains, planes, trucks, balls and sprinklers. He is a water baby and always wants to be in it.
*He likes bugs, dirt, and rocks. He is all boy!
*The other day he picked up a dragon fly (dead) and was showing every one. He was holding it out to every one at Robby's work saying "BUG! AHHH!"
*Then the other day he ate a chip full of ants. when he finished it, he came to me and said "BUGS! MMMM!"
*Yesterday he came inside and opened his mouth and he was eating grass. He looked at me and rubbed his belly and and made the "aaaahhhh!" like yum!
*In the past Month and a half Jaden has had 4 unexplained fevers, ear infection, sinus infections, and bronchitis. He has had 2 different antibiotics and he just seemed not to kick these sicknesses. His bronchitis was getting into his lungs and they were worried it would turn to pneumonia. They had to give him a different stronger antibiotic. Then he has had swollen lymph nodes around his neck and back of his neck. The ones on the back of his neck have been there at least 4 months. They were concerned about the lymphs and him not being able to fight these infections and getting sick all the time. They wanted him to see the ENT doctor so they could look at the lymps, because they looked kinda worrisome, and they said it could be nothing, or chronic infections or cancer. When I heard that, I was a horrible wreck with fear!
Jaden had a blessing, but I was still in doubt, I thought for sure he had cancer. But today he went to the doctor and every thing came back good. His enlarged tonsils are causing bacteria to sit trapped and that is why he gets sick easy, and cant fight off the sicknesses.
If his lymph nodes don't' go down in a month or he is still getting sick, they will take out his tonsils, but they would like to wait until he is 3. But I am so relieved!

Brigham:
*yes, we finally decided on Brigham.
*When ever I tell any one what we are naming him, they get silent after, and just nod their head. But we like it, so we will stick with it.
*so far he is good. He moves like crazy all the time! (another wild boy)

We had a great long 4th of July weekend. We saw Toy story 3, had 2 BBQ's, saw and did fireworks, spent the night at my parents and just had a good ole time! I didn't take one single picture. Dang it.
Jaden was a hoot at the fire works! He loved them. He talked non stop "BOOM" "More" "Again" "Lights" "hot" laughing through the whole thing. I loved watching him.

5 comments:

Margarita Beltran said...

Kaycee you really should stick to the doctor's recommendations. It is dangerous to not do it especially not being able to monitor yourself. It can also cause early labor....(what I have heard)

Lindsey Hemara said...

You have a cute family. I like the name Brigham. I hope you guys like it. I know you where both iffy about it for a while. But I like it alot.

Kaycee said...

I don't stick to the diet strictly because If I did I would eat the exact same thing all the time. That would get way old so fast, I am still eating healthy and sticking to it mostly. I get my meter tonight, and if the way I am eating isn't keeping my blood sugar low, then I will change the way I am eating, but if it is, then I am not going to follow her plan to a T, because I don't think I would last 2 more months.

Heidi said...

Sounds like everyone is doing (mostly) good.

Did you doc give you any sheets with examples of snacks or meals? I still have mine if you need some more ideas. I might be able to scan it and email it.

Also, I got away with eating a lot of normal stuff like pizza and lasagna and cereal BUT I was fanatical about measuring my portion sizes and making sure I did not go over my carb counts. It will not get so old so quick if you let yourself eat some of your favorites, just make sure they are small portion sizes. Then fill up with protein and veggies and lots of fluids if you are still hungry. (Eat lots of cheese! I ate a ton, and I still lost quite a bit of weight. Cheese has little to no carbs and it is filling.)

Natalie said...

I just wanted to say that I LOVE the name Brigham and I'm glad you picked it!