Friday, November 28, 2014

So far, so good..................

Knock on wood!
Benson has been such a good baby. I am so afraid I am jinxing it, but so far he has been my easiest baby.
He is so cute, and cuddly.
He loves to be swaddled and I think that helps him stay happy.
I have never had a baby that could be awake for longer than a half hour without crying! I also have never had a baby that I could put down, and would stay asleep. He does pretty good at that. (I know that reflux and colic set in around 3-5 weeks old, but I am trying to be optimistic)
He is so alert and loves to be talked to. 
I know he is trying to smile and kinda does. I know he is only 3 weeks, but  I am certain he is smiling at me.
He looks just like Brigham
The kids adore him!  Brigham always seemed the least interested, while I was pregnant; but now he is so into little Benson.
I was afraid Eliza would be so jealous, but she is doing really good. She has even learned to fall asleep on her own, which she wouldn't before he was born. I had to hold her to fall asleep.
We have had so many kind friends, family and ward members bring us dinner after he was born. I am so Thankful for that.
My Post Partum has been so much better this time around. I think because I am finally on Zoloft. Should have used that, yrs ago.
Besides a very messy house, that I can't keep clean, and no sleep, things are going really good. We are in love with our little boy.

2 comments:

Ann said...

It makes me happy and thankful to hear that you are all doing well. Especially that everyone is adjusting to the new family member and that depression is casting a dark cloud over your life. That is a biggie all by itself...I know as I've walked that road.

Heidi said...

So glad you are doing well! I hope it continues :) Enjoy those newborn snuggles; they grow so fast (such a bittersweet thing to watch).