I never wrote a blog when Eliza turned 1.. Her birthday was way back in July. On the 5th. She is now 17 Months old. I thought I would write a little about her.
*she is 23 lbs, which at 12 months was 50% tile. I can't remember her height but I know it was 30% tile. She is in the 95%tile for head.
*Eliza has hypotonia which is low muscle tone. http://www.pediastaff.com/blog/what-does-low-tone-mean-7943 the site I posted will help explain what hypotonia is. Eliza always had a hard time rolling over, and she still has a hard time. It takes all her strength. At about 14 months old she was able to sit herself up from a laying position. She still has a hard time and sometimes needs our assistance. She scoots on her bum to get around. she is pretty fast at that. At 16 months she learned to crawl. She can only crawl a short distances, But she loves to show off her crawling. Eliza just learned to pull herself up to a standing position. She has only done it a handful of times because it's really hard for her to do. She can't stand unsupported and isn't able to walk yet. She does physical therapy every other week. Her physical therapist says she is coming along slowly but surely. She has week ankles that turn in, and may need braces or special inserts. Hopefully (fingers crossed) she will be able to walk by age 2. She had MRI done a few weeks ago. Her brain function is good. We still need to meet with a neurologist soon.
*she is not a picky eater, but she eats very little.
*Her favorite food is a avocado. she can eat the whole thing in one sitting.
*She loves animals! her favorite is our Cat Tootsie. that was her first word
*could take baths all day long if I let her.
*she knows so many words! and can put some words together. She says: mama, daddy, Tootsie, Abbey, puppy, (she tries to say Jaden and Brigham) grandma, grandpa, Hannah, Banana, eat, drink, night night, outside, bath, no, yes, bye, hi, pee pee, mine, baby, hat, my, I want....., My......, that, this, done, and eye. She probably knows more that I can't think of. she jabbers a lot.
*she loves books, singing, babies (baby dolls) she caries babies all over . she loves to wear hats, likes to color, play with blocks, and looking at pictures. She always wants my phone and likes to talk on it.
*She doesn't sleep through the night yet. She takes forever to fall asleep at night and doesn't take good naps. I don't know how she survives with so little sleep. I don't know how I survive!?
*She still nurses. I am anxious to wean her. She wants to nurse so badly and has no desire to stop.
*she is really shy, and has separation anxiety from her parents.
* she unfortunately still has acid reflux and it can make it hard to sleep.
* she doesn't want anyone feeding her, she has to feed herself and she does really well working with utensil's.
*she has a deep raspy voice. haha
*she is a smiley and happy toddler
*she hates to be covered up. she freaks out if we put a blanket on her. Even if it's cold or she has a fever, she does not want a blanket. she doesn't like to wear coats, socks or even clothes. She would rather be naked.
*But she does like to be held and cuddled.
*she has most of her teeth, and likes to have her teeth brushed.
*she also likes having her nose suctioned out with a bulb syringe.
We are so blessed to have little Eliza in our lives and we love her so much!!
A Little Lost
4 days ago
1 comment:
Wow, she likes the breathing treatments and getting suctioned with a bulb syringe! Way to go, Eliza!
She sounds like she is growing up! Glad to hear she's progressing with the physical therapy!
Post a Comment